Kiwi Crate is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We're backed by leading investors and were named one of the "20 Startups to Watch" by Business Insider and "Hottest Companies in Silicon Valley" by Lead411. Our office is located in Mountain View, within walking distance from Caltrain.
We're looking for a product design intern interested in contributing to the very early stages of a startup - where you will have a real impact on the business. You will work with our product design and sourcing teams to develop the activities and source the materials that our little customers will delight in using to create, build, interact. You'll be - on the ground floor - bringing our products to life.
- Work closely and effectively with the Product Design, Merchandising, and Sourcing teams to create new hands-on activities (arts, crafts, science, imaginative play, and more) and identify the appropriate set of materials for our activities.
- Develop new concepts and prototypes. Present customers with new ideas and prototypes for feedback and iterate as needed.
- Interface with our community in testing and during events.
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve. A strong work ethic, communication skills, high levels of empathy and selling skills are important to this position.
- Passionate about kids and creativity. You love kids and the power of hands-on learning and development.
- Communication skills. Exceptional communication skills with customers and team members; friendly and pleasant demeanor over email and phone. Must be comfortable talking with customers on the phone as needed.
- Hands-on, "get things done" mentality. Eager and able to solve challenges and tackle opportunities. Identifies potential issues and hurdles and develops ways to get around them. Adapt to quickly figure out a way to get things done.
- Detail-oriented. We move quickly, but we bring care and thoughtfulness to everything we do. We care deeply about the details.
- Resourceful. You see a project from idea stage through successful completion - and whatever it takes to make it a success, and your job will be fast-paced. Hurdles are inevitable, but you take it upon yourself to take ownership, assess options and get something done.
- More about you: You're positive, motivated, dynamic, thoughtful, creative, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial with excellent judgement.