Bleacher Report —one of the largest online sports networks in the United States and a division of Turner Sports— is looking for an entry-level, full-time contractor to program breaking news, commentary and analysis on BleacherReport.com and our mobile app.
- Sports fanatic with a strong understanding of all major sports.
- Tech savvy. It is important that the candidate is well-versed in the world of Internet sports. Checking blogs, monitoring major sports sites, and contributing to team specific forums are all examples of activities an ideal candidate would perform on a daily basis.
- High level social/mobile media understanding. Candidate should have high proficiency using Twitter, Facebook, mobile apps, smartphones and tablet devices.
- Possess strong writing and communication skills. Editing skills/experience is a plus; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for punctuation and grammar is crucial.
- Undergraduate degree in Journalism, English, or Communication is preferred.
Must be able to work from our office in San Francisco and have a flexible work schedule (sports world never sleeps).
Temporary position with a stipend. Those who excel will be considered for full-time employment opportunities at Bleacher Report.
Start date/Application deadline:
We are looking for someone to start work immediately.
We will contact qualified applicants if their experience matches our criteria.