Mountain View, CA | Operations
Axcient is one of the Bay Area’s top 10 fastest growing companies and top 10 best places to work, as ranked in Inc. magazine, the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and San Francisco Business Times. The Axcient cloud platform eliminates IT downtime and data loss for businesses by replicating laptops, desktops and servers to the cloud for easy file restore, application recovery and system failover. Axcient currently protects hundreds of thousands of machines and billions of files and applications in the Axcient cloud. In fact, more than 400,000 GB of new data is uploaded to the Axcient cloud each month.
Disrupting a Legacy Market:
At Axcient, we’re at the cutting edge of cloud computing, big data and next generation user experience as we build one of the largest, most scalable cloud infrastructures in the world. We are a team of disruptors and innovators committed to building the next market leader in the $30B data protection services market. We're taking on an industry that has been dominated by legacy enterprise software and hardware companies for decades, and standing it on its head by leveraging virtualization and cloud technologies. Follow us @Axcient.
Because we hire only the best and brightest, we nourish that talent with an environment where people can innovate, thrive, and pursue their passions. Our competitive compensation package includes stock options, 401(k), and comprehensive health benefits – along with access to perks like free lunches and weekly team workout sessions.
This position reports to the Director, Business Operations and supports the continued growth of the Salesforce application and other relates business systems throughout Axcient. The incumbent will manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously; own deliverables end to end and will work closely with various business teams to create and build functional operational support through the Salesforce application. This position will be responsible for using Visualforce, APEX and other technologies to build customized solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions. This is a hands-on role focused on identifying, planning, designing, coding, implementing, integrating, testing, deploying and maintaining Salesforce.com features and functions in response to business needs.
- Partner with the current Axcient lead developer in the development of new applications on theForce.com platform
- Support and enhance existing Axcient Force.com based applications
- Assist in the process of turning business requirements into design specifications
- Lead the implementation efforts of the E-commerce platform solution
- Identify design-level risks and communicate them to key stakeholders
- Write specifications and test cases and work with Axcient’s internal business functions to manage operational requests and troubleshoot issues working cross-functionally with Sales and Support
- Work with Axcient’s internal business functions to define technical solutions in Salesforce to support business work processes.
- Work with Axcient’s internal business function to manage all system integrations. This includes but is not limited to Marketo, Intacct, Shoretel, the Axcient proprietary entitlement engine, the Salesforce.com Sales and Service Clouds, the Salesforce.com customer portal and the e-commerce platform integration, including system test planning and execution.
- Create custom reports and dashboards to collect, analyze, evaluate and report on trends.
- Manage instance to ensure data integrity (updating and cleansing).
- Participate in the estimation and timeline process
- Develop training material and conduct training of Salesforce to users. Present changes/system enhancements to diverse user groups.
- BS Degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business or other relevant combination of training and experience.
- 4+ years relevant work experience.
- 5 - 7 years Salesforce.com or other related CRM systems experience.
- Salesforce Administrator Certification (ADM 201) preferred.
- Experience designing and implementing Custom Apps preferred.
- Experience with integrating applications from within App Exchange desired.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Solid experience with relational databases, including the use of triggers, views and stored procedures.
- Ability to quickly learn complex business processes and write software to automate them
- Ability to work constructively with diverse people and with parties that may have divergent needs and interests
- Strong spreadsheet, database management, and data modeling experience.
- Previous experience integrating Salesforce.com with other applications and data-driven processes
- Previous experience developing reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity
- Ability to identify new and creative opportunities to leverage the application to support additional business processes or functions.
- Previous consulting experience is preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well in a collaborative and consensus-oriented team environment.
- Strong sense of customer focus and the importance of the voice of the customer.