ZICO Market Retail Activator
Marketing/Sales | El segundo, CA | Part Time
The Market Retail Activator (MRA) is a field sales & merchandising position that drives ZICO’s overarching business objectives within the brand’s top Southern CA retailers. This position will support local VEB sales teams to accomplish our business goal of “winning within the four walls” in our focus market: Los Angeles. The MRA role is designed to be laser focused on the immediate needs of the local market, working closely with the VEB field sales team to quickly identify opportunities and support ZICO’s in-store priorities via increased brand visibility.
The MRA will be directly managed by the local ZICO Field Marketing Manager (payroll & duties).
- Work closely with the local field sales teams to establish weekly priorities and areas of focus, reporting back at the end of the week with results.
- Schedule, execute and track store visits in the market.
- Regularly interface with the VEB team, as well as ZICO’s distribution partners, to ensure that ZICO is well represented in key influencer stores.
- Perform regular store visits within designated territory to sell in and build off shelf displays, secure rack placements and set up merchandising equipment, check for out of stocks, re-stock shelves, canvas point of sale, seek incremental cold availability, ensure proper tags are placed, and fill voids.
- Build relationships with local store managers in order to increase in-store presence (off shelf activity).
- Work closely with VEB partners to assist with crew drives and sales blitzes
- Go on route rides with local VEB/CCR AM/SM 3-4 times a month
- Attend Red Learning Labs to show sales support for ZICO
- Previous experience or strong interest in sales (beverage sales experience a plus)
- Based in Los Angeles
- Identifies opportunities quickly and organizes into action
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Proven ability to be self-driven, punctual and reliable with an innate ability to multi-task
- Flexibility to travel as needed and work days, nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- A clean driving record is a must
- Ability to track and provide real time reporting on accomplishments, challenges, and opportunities
- Extremely strong organizational, time-management and communication skills
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and acute attention to detail
- Strong computer skills – specifically knowledge in Microsoft Office programs, Google Calendar, Google Docs, experience with internet research
- 35 hours per week