Software Engineer, Java
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
What is Zephyr Health?
Zephyr Health is a fast-growing technology company that is breaking new ground in Digital Health for the Life Sciences industry with innovative big data visualization and analytics applications. We organize and visualize global health data to help connect therapies to people in need. Our all-in-one solution delivers analysis and insights for clinical operations, commercial and medical affairs teams.
Why are Java Engineers important at Zephyr Health?
As Zephyr Health continues to grow, we are constantly adding to, and extending our data pipeline. Java is a major part of our platform, powering our cutting-edge data science components, ETL processes, and other important platform services. We are looking for Java engineers to work with our great team of super-smart engineers, and to help us continue expanding our capabilities.
Why should you join the team?
- You have a passion for writing code, especially in Java
- A fast-paced, high-energy, fun and positive team is something that you want to be a part of
- Working with a wide variety of complex data excites and motivates you
- You love building great products, and getting things done
What skills and experience are required?
- Strong Java development experience
- Excellent working knowledge of data structures and databases
- Ability to work hard, and finish what you start
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent program
What will I do?
- Attend daily stand-up meetings with your cross-functional, agile development team to provide updates on your work
- Work closely with your functional team to review code, share ideas, and constantly improve quality
- Understand the problems we are trying to solve, and collaborate with peers to design solutions and plan ahead
- Provide accurate estimates on work, and highlight blockers and dependencies
- Write tests, and focus on writing high quality code
- Build great features, and have fun working with a great team!
What do I need to work at Zephyr Health?
- You must be legally able to work in the United States
- You live in or around San Francisco, and are able to commute to our downtown office daily during normal working hours
What benefits are offered?
- Complete medical/dental/vision benefits
- TSA/FSA programs + life insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401(k) savings plan
- Employee Referral program
- Fresh food provided for snacks and a fridge full of drinks
- Daily, catered lunch from local San Francisco restaurants
- Apple laptops and large monitors
- Sweet office space with all you need for comfort ... and more!