East Coast Client Services Lead
Sales and Account Management | New York, NY | Full Time
About Zephyr Health
Zephyr is laser-focused on delighting our customers. Through our capabilities in aggregating, organizing, synthesizing and visualizing multi-structured, disparate data sets, we empower our customers to uncover actionable insights in an objective, data-driven manner. Our interface is incredibly powerful, yet simple and intuitive to use.
About Client Services
Our team works smart, is resourceful and seeks to consistently outperform. We are accountable to our Clients, teammates and our values. At Zephyr, we care deeply about the quality of our work, our colleagues and preserving our vibrant culture.
Our East Coast Client Services Lead is experienced in building and leading winning teams, businesses, products and culture; this individual will lead the East Coast Client Services team for Zephyr Health. He/she will:
- Be responsible for driving business development and overall account management,
- Leverage his/her network to develop positive relationships on behalf of Zephyr,
- Be accountable for overall project execution/implementation and new Client on-boarding,
- Work with life sciences Clients across pharma, biotech, medical device and diagnostic companies,
- Be responsible for building an East Coast Client Services team for long-term success.
The East Coast Client Services Lead is passionate, high energy, and results-oriented with a creative and analytical mind. You will be experienced with project management tools and processes and have the ability to lead/manage multiple internal and external workstreams in parallel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; You will be a dynamic account “hunter”, a “farmer” and a disciplined engagement manager all-in-one!
Your primary goals and focus will include:
- General management, team building, people development, business development strategy.
- Facilitating global alignment and sharing of best practices across the global Client Services team.
- Leveraging professional relationships on behalf of Zephyr Health to drive outreach and sales.
- Selling and successfully deploying Zephyr technology systems for multiple clients across multiple countries.
- Driving account management “best practices” across Zephyr.
- Establishing, maintaining, and leading high performing project teams, serving as the project advocate within the Client organization.
- Leading cross-functional teams while building positive professional relationships with clients and associates.
- Supporting Zephyr in developing its business intelligence products and models.
The East Coast CS Lead will be responsible on a day-to-day basis for the following:
- Develop and implement regional business development/account penetration strategy.
- Develop and implement regional Client Services hiring plan to support projected growth.
- Develop and document high-level strategies for accomplishing specific project objectives.
- Proactively manage projects, team members, client expectations and scope for Client engagements.
- Drive Project Delivery and Execution:
- Define project objectives, requirements, and assumptions necessary to structure a project or activity.
- Develop and drive integrated project plans, aligning project tactics with project strategy; plan, schedule, and control project activities to fulfill objectives and satisfy requirements for life sciences clients.
- Manage projects within established scope, schedule, and budget while meeting and exceeding project management standards.
- Lead, coordinate, facilitate, and motivate all associated project resources to gain alignment on project goals and deliverables. Interface with US, Europe and India Zephyr teams to fulfill client, product and project needs in relation to technology products and services.
- Facilitate and lead effective project meetings, manage change and conflict, and develop resource planning estimates to manage project workload and productivity.
- Proactively identify, communicate and address potential project and implementation risks. Ensure risks have appropriate mitigation and contingency plans.
- Support project management team members to ensure success of projects while maintaining customer service focus.
- Manage junior project managers, analysts and cross-functional team members (internal and external) in matrix management environment.
- Document product/project best practices and capabilities for sharing with broader organization.
- Assume individual contributor role, as needed and as appropriate, as the team is built out over time.
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate for this role will possess the following:
Required Experience and Training:
- Prior experience selling services and/or software into Life Sciences clients required.
- Prior consulting experience and/or SaaS experience required; experience contributing to the SaaS product development process and/or experience helping implement SaaS solutions with clients.
- Experience building and leading high-growth, high-performing teams in a fast-paced environment required.
- Project management experience and life sciences domain expertise: 3+ years of experience related to working with data, analytics, strategy development, or tactical execution in one or more of the following: KOL/TL and Key Customer identification and engagement, clinical trial feasibility and protocol assessment, new product planning, product / marketing management, strategic market planning, sales and sales operations management, forecasting, competitive intelligence, managed markets / payer strategy.
- Industry experience: 7+ years of experience working in or consulting for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and/or medical device industries not required but a plus.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business, science or analytical discipline preferred. Advanced degrees, e.g. MBA, MIS, M.S. in Engineering and/or Computer Science, are a plus but not required.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills which you use to effectively communicate and build relationships with a broad spectrum of audiences at all organizational levels and across functions.
- Strong competencies and experience in business development and region/account planning.
- Strong competencies in planning, project management, and organization with the ability to lead multiple workstreams, activities and resources while maintaining a focus on quality and successful outcomes.
- Solid blend of strategic and analytical capabilities, business acumen, all coupled with demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct and appearance.
- Technical aptitude and proven ability to grasp general knowledge of multiple disciplines and technologies with strong computer usage skills.
- Ability to produce and present clear, concise, and professionally written communications and presentations.
- Frequent travel expected (primarily focused on East Coast).
- Note the East Coast CS Lead can reside in New York or New Jersey.
Benefits at Zephyr Health include:
- Equity-baesd compensation
- Complete medical/dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401(k) savings plan
- Employee Referral program
- ... and more!
We maintain a culture of open communication, transparency, and constant collaboration, and we hold each other accountable with very high standards. Our global offices are always buzzing with teamwork and amazing productivity. Come join us, apply today!