Product | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Born from the belief that great things come to those who cook, Yummly provides limitless inspiration, with the tools to make it happen—from recipe discovery to prep to perfect results. Just as appliances removed the most cumbersome chores, the next tipping point in daily life is upon us in the food space. A system of personalized discovery that learns you better to serve you better, so the question “what’s for dinner?” is answered before it’s even asked.
Yummly has grown to over 25M registered users and our mobile apps are consistently the #1 recipe apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows. Next on the menu? Building the connected kitchen of the future.
Yummly has an opportunity for you to be the first UX Researcher to join our food-obsessed team.
Join the Yummly Product Team in crafting great experiences that help home cooks plan, prep, and cook meals faster, and more easily through smart personalized guidance. We want you to elevate our user research and design efforts to the next level through your clear vision and passion for forward thinking design that solves real world problems.
As a UX Researcher:
- Your goal is to create inspiring products and intuitive experiences that people use (again and again!).
- You strive to understand our current and target users so that we can design through the lens of their needs and goals.
- You seek insights into user behaviors and attitudes in order to increase and expand Yummly’s value to home cooks.
- You advocate for design solutions in terms of how they align back to our core product value and optimize daily life for our users.
- Define our UX research processes and tools.
- Identify research topics to drive and triangulate product design and optimization.
- Collect data using the best tools and methodologies for the job at hand by leveraging your knowledge of field studies, surveys, interviews, questionnaires, diary studies, contextual inquiry, application analytics, and ab testing.
- Analyze sample data for user intents, motivations, problems, and reactions.
- Communicate insights to inform product decisions and drive design improvements.
- Examples of your work you can share.
- Bachelors in a behavioral science or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years conducting ux research.
- Practical knowledge of qualitative and quantitative ux research methodologies.
- Excellent understanding of mobile app and website technological capabilities. Experience with application analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel, and Looker is a bonus.
And a little more about us:
At Yummly, we are a team of talented and diverse technical professionals on a mission to rule the kitchen. We've seen great success using machine learning and artificial intelligence to make cooking fun, easy, and personalized. Our iOS and Android apps have 4.5+ star reviews, millions of downloads, and many awards (download and give it a try!).
We were recently acquired by Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance maker. Together, we have appetizing aspirations to build the fully-connected kitchen of the future.
We're located in a beautiful, modern office in downtown Redwood City, a few minutes’ walk from Caltrain. Please talk to us if you have a love for data, hard problems, and food!