Sr Accounting/Finance Manager
General & Administrative | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Born from the belief that great things come to those who cook, Yummly provides limitless inspiration, with the tools to make it happen—from recipe discovery to prep to perfect results. Just as appliances removed the most cumbersome chores, the next tipping point in daily life is upon us in the food space. A system of personalized discovery that learns you better to serve you better, so the question “what’s for dinner?” is answered before it’s even asked.
Yummly has grown to over 25M registered users and our mobile apps are consistently the #1 recipe apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows. Next on the menu? Building the connected kitchen of the future.
Yummly is looking for a Sr. Accounting/Finance Manager who is passionate about managing the daily activity of accounting and finance
As a Sr. Accounting & Finance Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for all elements of the General Ledger. “Own” the accuracy and timeliness of information.
- Prepare financial reports through to Trial Balance.
- Work directly with Accounting, Finance and Tax professionals located at Whirlpool HQ in Michigan to deliver month-end, quarter-end and year-end reports
- Provide expertise on the treatment of accounting transactions and related financial reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with Ad Operations to track, report, and invoice revenue generated from ad sales. Provide Accounting's perspective on further revenue initiatives.
- Create and manage a regular revenue reporting infrastructure. Timely provide status reports intermittently throughout the month and final reports at month end.
- Serve as main point of contact and/or escalation, internally and externally, for revenue/expense matters including accounts receivable, collections and accounts payables.
- Take an active and significant role in the implementation of advanced budgeting system tools.
- Maintain the financial plan with up-to-date company results and forecasted expectations.
- Prepare monthly reports and presentation material for discussions with Whirlpool finance and Board discussions.
- Prepare strategic scenario analysis to assist the company’s executive team in developing the company’s strategies.
- Work with key business leaders to identify appropriate metrics to track and evaluate business performance; Build trust and a communication network across the organization.
- Evaluate the accounting or financial impact of operational decisions.
- Assist with ad-hoc financial analysis on various projects.
- Drive ongoing accounting and finance efficiencies through process optimization, automation, and business rules.
- Minimum of 4+ years of decision-making experience in accounting and/or finance roles.
- Direct hands-on experience with daily accounting activities: A/P, A/R, Invoicing, Payroll, Cash Reconciliations, Deferred Revenue, Capitalization of Internally Developed Software
- Direct hands-on experience with creating meaningful financial analysis reports for use by management.
- Exceptional understanding of organization structure and the flow of financial information.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel
- Self-motivated and solution-oriented, ability to manage in a fast paced and changing environment
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a must
- Stellar communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with eCommerce, digital media, online advertising, and related concepts (Impressions, Ad Products, CPM, CPC, CTR) is preferred
- You have an ability to mine, manipulate and analyze large quantities of data (Excel, Access, SQL)
- You have the ability to write and document a process
- You desire to work with creative people
- You are a collaborative team player and leader, yet comfortable working independently
- You have good sense of humor
- You love food
And a little more about us:
At Yummly, we are a team of talented and diverse technical professionals on a mission to rule the kitchen. We've seen great success using machine learning and artificial intelligence to make cooking fun, easy, and personalized. Our iOS and Android apps have 4.5+ star reviews, millions of downloads, and many awards (download and give it a try!).
We were recently acquired by Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance maker. Together, we have appetizing aspirations to build the fully-connected kitchen of the future.
We're located in a beautiful, modern office in downtown Redwood City, a few minutes’ walk from Caltrain. Please talk to us if you have a love for data, hard problems, and food!
Yummly is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.