Senior SEO Manager
Marketing | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Senior SEO Manager
Born from the belief that great things come to those who cook, Yummly provides limitless inspiration, with the tools to make it happen—from recipe discovery to prep to perfect results. Just as appliances removed the most cumbersome chores, the next tipping point in daily life is upon us in the food space. A system of personalized discovery that learns you better to serve you better, so the question “what’s for dinner?” is answered before it’s even asked.
Yummly has grown to 26M+ registered users and our mobile apps are consistently the #1 recipe apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows. Next on the menu? Building the connected kitchen of the future.
Join the Yummly Team as our Senior SEO Manager in directly contributing to scaling our platform globally. We are looking for an experienced Senior SEO Manager to lead the top part of the marketing funnel to develop, execute, and optimize a portfolio of acquisition campaigns. In this role you will own Yummly's acquisition channels. The role will report directly to the Head of Growth working directly with our marketing, data, and product teams to develop, execute, and optimize a portfolio of SEO initiatives. As part of the role you will actively work with the Yummly executive team and over time have the opportunity to build and manage a team. This is a hands-on role and requires a strong strategic understanding of SEO.
As a Senior SEO Manager, you will:
- Lead the development and hands-on day-to-day execution of traffic acquisition through search and other acquisition channels.
- Drive incremental traffic and positive business outcomes by executing SEO projects including keyword research, link-building, content development, and site architecture.
- Strong technical background to work closely with engineers and developers on SEO initiatives
- Perform regular audits, monitor SEO trends and investigate irregularities in performance.
- Provide competitor benchmarks to audit our internal capability and performance relative to peers.
- Work cross functionally to ensure all content efforts aligned with SEO strategy.
- Develop the reporting framework to measure the success of initiatives.
- From creative direction to audience targeting, continuously experiment with new acquisition strategies and tactics.
You will be a perfect fit for this role if:
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Possess a deep understanding of search engine algorithms and best practices for technical optimization.
- Show a proven track record of growing traffic for websites in both competitive terms and long-tail keywords.
- Experience with SEO copywriting, crafting marketing assets, and developing landing pages.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Collaborative attitude, strong desire to succeed, and are self-motivated.
A little more about us:
Yummly is a highly experienced and productive team on a mission to rule the kitchen. We've achieved success using machine learning and artificial intelligence to make cooking fun, easy, and personalized. Our iOS and Android apps have 4.5+ star reviews, millions of downloads, and many awards (download and give it a try!).
We were recently acquired by Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance maker. Together, we have appetizing aspirations to build the fully-connected kitchen of the future.
Our office has a beautiful, modern design, and is located in downtown Redwood City, a few minutes’ walk from Caltrain. Please talk to us if you have a love for data, hard problems, and food!
Yummly is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.