Senior Marketing Manager, Acquisition
Marketing | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Other companies understand your preferences for music, movies, and TV shows. We eat three times a day, so why can't we do the same for food? Yummly is building the smart, personal, and seamless platform for taste to improve every aspect life in the kitchen.
Yummly has grown to over 20M registered users and our mobile apps are consistently the #1 recipe apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows. Next on the menu? Inventing the kitchen of the future.
The Yummly Marketing Team is looking for an experienced Senior Acquisition Marketer to lead the top part of the marketing funnel to develop, execute, and optimize a portfolio of paid acquisition campaigns to drive company success. In this role you will own output metrics for Yummly’s top-of-funnel awareness and acquisition utilizing both paid and organic channels. With a cash budget plus internal marketing resources, your job will be to raise awareness of Yummly and its benefits, and then fill its marketing funnel with a goal-breaking conversion metrics (think downloads, registrations, purchases) in an ROI-positive way, always placing the user first. This role requires a strong strategic understanding of paid acquisition, along with the desire and willingness to provide "hands-on" participation.
As the Senior Marketing Manager, Acquisition, you will:
- Lead the development and hands-on day-to-day execution of our acquisition marketing engine through SEO, SEM and other organic and paid channels.
- Manage and execute paid campaigns across several digital ad platforms and mediums (mobile, web, content, etc.)
- Lead efforts to optimize our marketing funnel by researching and executing new test channels and run monthly paid marketing budgets
- From creative direction to audience targeting, continuously experiment with new acquisition strategies and tactics
- Drive incremental traffic and positive business outcomes by developing and leading the execution of SEO efforts to drive organic growth with efforts including content, site architecture, link-building, keyword selection/utilization, etc.
- Monitor SEO trends and investigate irregularities in performance.
- Help develop effective marketing analytics reporting
- 3+ years hands-on experience in an acquisition marketing role with strong emphasis on SEO and paid acquisition.
- Experience executing multiple digital marketing channels (both paid and organic) including mobile, social, search, display, etc.
- Experience crafting marketing assets, developing landing pages, writing ad copy, and developing product marketing specifications.
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Real passion for marketing and picking up new skills
- A collaborative attitude, strong desire to succeed as part of the team, and self-motivation
Tips to apply:
- Make sure your resume is well organized (ideally one page) and highlights previous accomplishments that are relevant to this role.
- Instead of a generic cover letter, answer to one or more of the following questions:
- Why do you want to work at Yummly?
- Give us an example of a time when, after running an experiment, you had to make a tradeoff between competing metrics. How did you handle it?
A little more about us:
Yummly is a highly experienced and productive team on a mission to rule the kitchen. We've achieved success using machine learning and artificial intelligence to make cooking fun, easy, and personalized. Our iOS and Android apps have 4.5+ star reviews, millions of downloads, and many awards (download and give it a try!).
We were recently acquired by Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance maker. Together, we have appetizing aspirations to build the fully-connected kitchen of the future.
Our office has a beautiful, modern design, and is located in downtown Redwood City, a few minutes’ walk from Caltrain. Please talk to us if you have a love for data, hard problems, and food!
Yummly is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.