Product | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Yummly has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, crazy-productive QA Engineer to join our food-obsessed team.
Do you have the desire to automate everything in your daily life? Are you interested in helping build robust test suites that keep developers from releasing unappetizing, bug-ridden code?
As a QA Engineer at Yummly, you will work with our powerful team of developers to build up an automation test framework, while ensuring the highest quality product. You'll build and maintain automated tests and infrastructure for various back-end component.
- Develop automated test cases for our varies backend RESTful Web Services
- Create and support test reports/dashboards via Testrail and Jenkins
- Maintain existing test cases based on feature changes
- Find, isolate, document, redress, and track bugs via JIRA
- Interpret and report testing results, be a vocal proponent for quality
- 5+ years of experience in Development and/or Test Automation.
- 2+ years of significant experience testing RESTful API Services.
- Great understanding of at least one programming language. (Java, Python, Clojure, etc.) Java is a plus!
- Working knowledge of QA methodology and testing techniques/approaches.
- Experience with RESTAssured is a plus.
- Experience with the following: Selenium, TestNG, Jenkins (or another CI Tool), GitHub.
- Comfortable working with Unix.
- A track record of working with cross functional teams and an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Readiness to think outside the box and take initiative.
- Experience working with web services and mobile apps.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
And a little more about us:
Yummly is a small but highly experienced and productive team on a mission to rule the kitchen. We've had great success using machine learning and artificial intelligence to make cooking fun, easy, and personalized. Our iOS and Android apps have 4.5+ star reviews, millions of downloads, and many awards (download and give it a try!).
We were recently acquired by Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance maker. Together, we have appetizing aspirations to build the fully-connected kitchen of the future.
We're located in a beautiful, modern office in downtown Redwood City, a few minutes’ walk from Caltrain. Please talk to us if you have a love for data, hard problems, and food!