Product | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Other platforms understand your preferences for music, movies, and TV shows. We eat three times a day, so why can't we do the same for food? Yummly is building the smart, personal, and seamless platform for taste to improve every aspect of life in the kitchen.
Yummly has grown to over 20M registered users and our mobile apps are consistently the #1 recipe apps on iPhone, iPad, and Android. Next on the menu? Building the connected kitchen of the future.
Yummly has an opportunity for a creative and analytical Product Manager to join our food-obsessed team and help us scale to tens of millions of users.
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Drive massive KPI growth through iterative experimentation and strategic product optimization.
- Seek out high impact opportunities to improve metrics based on data analysis and competitive insights.
- Manage your product portfolio from idea to release through cross-functional leadership. Potential areas of ownership include: onboarding, generating new app installs, email, notifications, sharing, etc.
- Communicate your vision for roadmap execution and priorities to build the right thing at the right time.
- Collaborate across teams to ensure successful releases and support marketing and revenue initiatives.
This might be a good role for you if:
- You have 3+ years of related product experience driving the user and revenue growth of a consumer product.
- You are data-driven, analytical and able to generate novel insights from qualitative and quantitative data.
- You are able to turn abstract scenarios with conflicting inputs into solid action plans.
- You have experience with experimental design and executing hypothesis-driven A/B testing.
- You are obsessed with consumer products and have a really good product intuition.
- You are an excellent communicator, and love to work in collaborative environments.
- You are dedicated, and get stuff done.
- You have a B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- You have an eye for good design and great user experiences.
- You are an expert user of tracking, analytics, and visualization tools (Google Analytics, Optimizely, Looker, Mixpanel, etc.)
Tips to apply:
- Make sure your resume is well organized in one page and highlights previous accomplishments that are relevant for this role.
- Instead of a generic cover letter, answer to one or more of the following questions:
- Why do you want to work at Yummly?
- Give us an example of a time when, after running an experiment, you had to make a tradeoff between competing metrics. How did you handle it?
And a little more about us:
Yummly is a small but highly experienced and productive team on a mission to rule the kitchen. We've had great success using machine learning and artificial intelligence to make cooking fun, easy, and personalized. Our iOS and Android apps have 4.5+ star reviews, millions of downloads, and many awards (download and give it a try!).
We were recently acquired by Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance maker. Together, we have appetizing aspirations to build the fully-connected kitchen of the future.
We're located in a beautiful, modern office in downtown Redwood City, a few minutes’ walk from Caltrain. Please talk to us if you have a love for data, hard problems, and food!