Product | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Born from the belief that great things come to those who cook, Yummly provides limitless inspiration, with the tools to make it happen—from recipe discovery to prep to perfect results. Just as appliances removed the most cumbersome chores, the next tipping point in daily life is upon us in the food space. A system of personalized discovery that learns you better to serve you better, so the question “what’s for dinner?” is answered before it’s even asked.
Yummly has grown to over 25M registered users and our mobile apps are consistently the #1 recipe apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows. Next on the menu? Building the connected kitchen of the future.
Yummly has an opportunity for you to be the first UX Designer to join our food-obsessed team.
Join the Yummly Product Team in crafting great experiences that help home cooks plan, prep, and cook meals faster and more easily through smart personalized guidance. We want you to elevate our user experience efforts to the next level through your passion for forward thinking design that solves real world problems.
As a UX Designer:
- Your goal is to create inspiring products and intuitive experiences that people use (again and again!).
- You strive to understand our current and target users so that we can design through the lens of their needs and goals.
- You seek insights into user behaviors and attitudes in order to increase and expand Yummly’s value to home cooks.
- You collect and analyze data to validate design decisions that support our goals.
- You drive iterative usability improvements through user testing, data, and research.
- You work with the product, engineering, marketing, visual design, and data science teams to build the best products possible.
- Define our UX design and research processes.
- Collect data using the best tools and research methodologies for the job at hand.
- Identify and design for use cases that improve life in the kitchen with Yummly.
- Map the journey of users to identify design tasks and solve problems early.
- Build to learn by creating and testing prototypes to drive design decisions and optimize user experience.
- Pressure test user flows and designs to identify points of weakness.
- Communicate design expectations and interaction behaviors to engineering and QA.
- Conduct usability testing remotely and on-site at Yummly (at times using our fully equipped professional kitchen!)
- A portfolio of your work you can share.
- 2+ years of relevant design experience with examples of productionalized design work you have shipped and improved. Start up experience is a bonus.
- Practical knowledge of design research methodologies, personas creation, user journey mapping, interaction specifications, wireframes, and prototyping.
- Prior experience with design validation and usability testing. Experience leveraging analytics tools for design is a plus.
- Excellent understanding of iOS, Android, and website technological capabilities.
And a little more about us:
At Yummly, we are a team of talented and diverse technical professionals on a mission to rule the kitchen. We've seen great success using machine learning and artificial intelligence to make cooking fun, easy, and personalized. Our iOS and Android apps have 4.5+ star reviews, millions of downloads, and many awards (download and give it a try!).
We were recently acquired by Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance maker. Together, we have appetizing aspirations to build the fully-connected kitchen of the future.
We're located in a beautiful, modern office in downtown Redwood City, a few minutes’ walk from Caltrain. Please talk to us if you have a love for data, hard problems, and food!
Yummly is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.