Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Marketing | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Other companies understand your preferences for music, movies, and TV shows. We eat three times a day, so why can't we do the same for food? Yummly is building the smart, personal, and seamless platform for taste to improve every aspect of life in the kitchen.
Yummly has grown to over 20M registered users and our mobile apps are consistently the #1 recipe apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows. Next on the menu? Inventing the kitchen of the future.
This is an opportunity for a passionate, results driven digital marketer to join our growing team. You should have a comprehensive understanding of email and mobile marketing, a track record of success increasing retention, and a knack for writing and content creation. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
As the Lifecycle Marketing Manager, you will:
- Own end-to-end email and mobile messaging strategy including planning, testing, and execution
- Work closely with Product and Data teams to identify opportunities to educate users about our products and features
- Develop hypotheses on how email and push can be used to drive user behavior; think experiments that range from testing button copy to developing new user onboarding campaigns
- Measure success of campaigns through rigorous data analysis
- Manage a content marketing strategy that supports organizational goals around brand awareness, customer acquisition, engagement, and retention
- Work cross functionally with content, community, design, product, and engineering teams to take projects from concept to reality
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in a high-volume email marketing environment
- Ability to think strategically about the email/push experience as part of the holistic consumer lifecycle
- Knowledge of campaign testing and analytics, plus an ability to scale and apply results to future campaigns
- History of increasing retention and engagement with users through email marketing campaigns
- Experience with major email service providers
- Excellent copywriting chops
- Top notch communication skills, both written and verbal
- Creative, open-minded, and enthusiastic
- Data Driven: you use data and evidence to chart a clear path to growth and decision making
- A love of food and cooking and a stellar sense of humor
- HTML/CSS, Adobe Creative Suite
- Please provide examples of any relevant blog posts, email campaigns, etc that you have written or created.
A little more about us:
Yummly is a highly experienced and productive team on a mission to rule the kitchen. We've had great success using machine learning and artificial intelligence to make cooking fun, easy, and personalized. Our iOS and Android apps have 4.5+ star reviews, millions of downloads, and many awards (download and give it a try).
We were recently acquired by Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance maker. Together, we have appetizing aspirations to build the fully-connected kitchen of the future.
Our office has a beautiful, modern design, and is located in downtown Redwood City, a few minutes’ walk from Caltrain. Please talk to us if you have a love for data, hard problems, and food!