Lead iOS Engineer
Mobile/Platform | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Other companies understand your preferences for music, movies, and TV shows. We eat three times a day, so why can't we do the same for food? Yummly is building the smart, personal, and seamless platform for taste to improve every aspect of life in the kitchen.
Yummly has grown to over 20M registered users and our mobile apps are consistently the #1 recipe apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows. Next on the menu? Inventing the kitchen of the future.
This an opportunity for a Lead iOS Developer with cat-like reflexes (optional) who is bored with being a code monkey. We would love to speak with you if you’re ready to own the #1 recipe app in the App Store, geek out about awesome UI/UX, conjure up new features & functionality that will be used by millions, and lead a group of talented developers in the iOS and iOT space. Come for the awesome apps, stay for the close-knit team and endless stream of edible delights.
- Design, architect and build the best food app in the world for the iOS platform
- Lead cross-functional teams for design and architecture
- Collaborate on UX with design teams
- Lead the QA efforts on the iOS apps, and ensure a comprehensive test coverage
- Perform weekly analysis on all iOS user analytics data and share trends with the team
- Analyze competitive landscape, identify approaches and trends and build upon them to create a superior product
- Provide unique insight into available libraries and SDKs for the iOS Platform
- Lead a team of 3-5 developers and a QA engineer
- Report directly to the Head of Mobile Development
- Have one or more iOS apps published, preferably on iPhone and iPad*
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Possess intuitive understanding of mobile application flow with emphasis on animations
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Understanding analytics like GA, Flurry, or MixPanel
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Objective-C is required, Swift is a 'nice-to-have' for our iWatch app
- Working knowledge of Agile (or similar) Methodologies
- Informal design knowledge and intuitive understanding of what makes mobile applications great
- Proven ability to lead teams, and superb understanding of cross-team mechanics
- Have a holistic approach to the apps, versed in API and detail oriented
A little more about us:
Yummly is a highly experienced and productive team on a mission to rule the kitchen. We've achieved success using machine learning and artificial intelligence to make cooking fun, easy, and personalized. Our iOS and Android apps have 4.5+ star reviews, millions of downloads, and many awards (download and give it a try!).
We were recently acquired by Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance maker. Together, we have appetizing aspirations to build the fully-connected kitchen of the future. The iOS lead will be VERY involved in the iOT integration with Whirlpool's smart appliances.
Our office has a beautiful, modern design, and is located in downtown Redwood City, a few minutes’ walk from Caltrain. Please talk to us if you have a love for iOS, iOT, hard problems, and food!
* Please include links to your published iOS or iOT apps if possible