Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Other companies understand your preferences for music, movies, and TV shows. We eat three times a day, so why can't we do the same for food? Yummly is building the smart, personal, and seamless platform for taste to improve every aspect of life in the kitchen.
Yummly has grown to over 20M registered users and our mobile apps are consistently the #1 recipe apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows. Next on the menu? Inventing the kitchen of the future.
Yummly has an opportunity for an iOS Engineer to join our food-obsessed team. We are looking for a passionate individual to develop our innovative and award-winning iOS App.
As an iOS Engineer
- Contribute to and implement new awesome features for the Yummly iOS App (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Apple Watch) to help people make delicious food all around the world
- Improve stability and performance of the Yummly iOS App by profiling, analyzing the logs and troubleshooting tools
- Work closely with Product, UX, and API teams to analyze requirements and product specifications and provide your own thoughts and ideas on how to create a world class experience
- Research innovative approaches to integrating new technologies into the app that’s ranked as one of the top 5 Food Apps in the App Store
- Be a part of building the Connected Kitchen of the future and advance your IoT skills
- Strong understanding of object-oriented software development for mobile apps
- 3+ years experience in mobile application development for iOS and related frameworks
- Ability to write clean, maintainable code and thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of multithreading, memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
- Knowledge and a good feel for iOS UI design principles and intuitive, delightful interfaces
- Ability to work in areas out of your comfort zone and learn quickly
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Good working knowledge of Objective-C and Swift
A little more about us:
Yummly is a highly experienced and productive team on a mission to rule the kitchen. We've achieved success using machine learning and artificial intelligence to make cooking fun, easy, and personalized. Our iOS and Android apps have 4.5+ star reviews, millions of downloads, and many awards (download and give it a try!).
We were recently acquired by Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance maker. Together, we have appetizing aspirations to build the fully-connected kitchen of the future. The iOS lead will be VERY involved in the iOT integration with Whirlpool's smart appliances.
Our office has a beautiful, modern design, and is located in downtown Redwood City, a few minutes’ walk from Caltrain. Please talk to us if you have a love for iOS, iOT, hard problems, and food!
Yummly is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
* Please include links to your published iOS apps if possible