Head of Talent Acquisition
General & Administrative | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Born from the belief that great things come to those who cook, Yummly provides limitless inspiration, with the tools to make it happen—from recipe discovery to prep to perfect results. Just as appliances removed the most cumbersome chores, the next tipping point in daily life is upon us in the food space. A system of personalized discovery that learns you better to serve you better, so the question “what’s for dinner?” is answered before it’s even asked.
Yummly has grown to over 25M registered users and our mobile apps are consistently the #1 recipe apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows. Next on the menu? Building the connected kitchen of the future.
Yummly is hiring a Head of Talent Acquisition to expertly lead the search for the best talent for our food-obsessed team. We’ve got big plans to more than double the team size over the next twelve months, and we need your talents.
As our Head of Talent Acquisition:
- You thoroughly understand the mission of Yummly and are able to passionately communicate it.
- You defend our high bar for candidates, ensuring the Yummly hiring criteria are met for every hire.
- You have proven experience in leading the recruiting process in the Bay Area, in both engineering and non-engineering roles.
- You believe that inclusion inspires innovation and finding diverse talent is necessary for any organization to thrive
- You have deep industry knowledge of current Bay Area compensation structures, benefits packages, recruiting practices and are deeply networked.
- You are the recruitment subject matter expert, who continually demonstrates creative sourcing strategies
- Build and maintain a strong pipeline of qualified candidates for software engineering (including Web, Data Science, Android and iOS), Product Managers, Data Scientists & Managers, and other non-engineering roles
- Enhance and amplify Yummly’s hiring brand in the Bay Area
- Work closely with hiring managers to move qualified candidates through a streamlined process
- Deliver a fantastic and memorable candidate experience, no matter what the outcome for candidates
- Negotiate offers for new hires and manage the new hire approval process
- Ensure a smooth transition for new hires from acceptance to onboarding at Yummly
- Manage recruiting agency relationships to maximize results for scaling our employee base
- 7+ years of senior technical recruiting experience, and non-technical recruiting experience.
- Experience developing and managing the overall recruiting process for a rapidly growing company.
- A workflow of your preferred interviewing process that you can share
- Demonstrable track record of direct sourcing of talent
- Skilled in working with senior business leaders, educating, supporting and guiding them on hiring needs
- Strong project management skills and comfort with providing timely and clear reporting of progress and roadblocks
- Excellent understanding of iOS, Android, and website technological capabilities
- Great Collaborator - we never work in isolation at Yummly and our success depends on meaningful collaboration across the organization
And a little more about us:
At Yummly, we are a team of talented and diverse technical professionals on a mission to rule the kitchen. We've seen great success using machine learning and artificial intelligence to make cooking fun, easy, and personalized. Our iOS and Android apps have 4.5+ star reviews, millions of downloads, and many awards (download and give it a try!).
We were recently acquired by Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance maker. Together, we have appetizing aspirations to build the fully-connected kitchen of the future.
We're located in a beautiful, modern office in downtown Redwood City, a few minutes walk from Caltrain. Please talk to us if you have a love for data, hard problems, and food!