Front End Engineer
Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Born from the belief that great things come to those who cook, Yummly provides limitless inspiration, with the tools to make it happen—from recipe discovery to prep to perfect results. Just as appliances removed the most cumbersome chores, the next tipping point in daily life is upon us in the food space. A system of personalized discovery that learns you better to serve you better, so the question “what’s for dinner?” is answered before it’s even asked.
Yummly has grown to over 25M registered users and our mobile apps are consistently the #1 recipe apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows. Next on the menu? Building the connected kitchen of the future.
Yummly has an opportunity for a Front-End Engineer to join our food-obsessed team.
As a Front-End Engineer, you will:
- Work with our designers to ensure a fantastic user experience across all platforms.
- Have an eye for detail when it comes to CSS.
- Uphold the integrity of our codebase by implementing unit tests and code reviewing with your peers.
- Create web-based internal tools to support other Yummly projects.
- Know how to tweak a website for maximum performance.
- Ability to juggle asynchronous tasks using XHR, Promises, async/await.
- Experience writing and styling modular React components.
- Knowledge of Webpack or similar build tools.
- Experience writing Redux actions and reducers.
- Cross-browser and cross-device debugging ability.
- Modern performance and accessibility practices (AMP, Service Worker, Lighthouse audits, etc.)
And a little more about us:
At Yummly, we are a team of talented and diverse technical professionals on a mission to rule the kitchen. We've seen great success using machine learning and artificial intelligence to make cooking fun, easy, and personalized. Our iOS and Android apps have 4.5+ star reviews, millions of downloads, and many awards (download and give it a try!).
We were recently acquired by Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance maker. Together, we have appetizing aspirations to build the fully-connected kitchen of the future.
We're located in a beautiful, modern office in downtown Redwood City, a few minutes’ walk from Caltrain. Please talk to us if you have a love for data, hard problems, and food!
Yummly is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.