Development | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Born from the belief that great things come to those who cook, Yummly provides limitless inspiration, with the tools to make it happen—from recipe discovery to prep to perfect results. Just as appliances removed the most cumbersome chores, the next tipping point in daily life is upon us in the food space. A system of personalized discovery that learns you better to serve you better, so the question “what’s for dinner?” is answered before it’s even asked.
Yummly has grown to over 25M registered users and our mobile apps are consistently the #1 recipe apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows. Next on the menu? Building the connected kitchen of the future.
As a Data Scientist, you will:
- Work with our small but powerful team of scientists and developers, building the most advanced ML-powered software in the kitchen
- Develop algorithms for content understanding, search, personalization, computer vision, and understanding user behavior
- Identify actionable insights and help make data-driven decisions
- Demonstrated experience building and shipping data-powered products
- Expertise in a high-level programming language, preferably Python, Scala, or Clojure
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or a related quantitative field
- A collaborative attitude and strong desire to succeed as part of the team
- Self-motivation and a desire to learn
- Expertise in ML, deep learning, NLP, search, recommender systems, or computer vision
- Expertise in building end-to-end analytics reporting pipelines: hypothesis generation, instrumentation, logging, data modeling, ETL, validation, analysis, visualization and dashboarding
- A strong interest in functional programming
- Experience with AWS or GCP
And a little more about us:
At Yummly, we are a team of talented and diverse technology professionals on a mission to rule the kitchen. We've seen great success using machine learning and artificial intelligence to make cooking fun, easy, and personalized. Our iOS and Android apps have 4.5+ star reviews, millions of downloads, and many awards (download and give it a try!).
We were recently acquired by Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance maker. Together, we have appetizing aspirations to build the fully-connected kitchen of the future.
We're located in a beautiful, modern office in downtown Redwood City, a few minutes’ walk from Caltrain. Please talk to us if you have a love for data, hard problems, and food!