Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Born from the belief that great things come to those who cook, Yummly provides limitless inspiration, with the tools to make it happen—from recipe discovery to prep to perfect results. Just as appliances removed the most cumbersome chores, the next tipping point in daily life is upon us in the food space. A system of personalized discovery that learns you better to serve you better, so the question “what’s for dinner?” is answered before it’s even asked.
Yummly has grown to over 25M registered users and our mobile apps are consistently the #1 recipe apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows. Next on the menu? Building the connected kitchen of the future.
Yummly has an opportunity for an Android Engineer to join our food-obsessed team. We are looking for a passionate individual to develop our innovative and award-winning Android App.
As an Android Engineer, you will:
- Contribute to and implement new awesome features for the Yummly Android App to help people make delicious food all around the world
- Improving stability and performance of the Yummly Android App by profiling, analyzing the logs and troubleshooting tools
- Work closely with Product, UX, and API teams to analyze requirements and product specifications and provide your own thoughts and ideas on how to create a world class experience
- Research innovative approaches to integrating new technologies into the app that’s ranked as one of the top 5 Food Apps in the Google Play Store
- Be a part of building the Connected Kitchen of the future and advance your IoT skills
- Strong understanding of object-oriented software development for mobile apps
- Experience in Android mobile application development and Android framework
- Ability to write clean, maintainable code and thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of multi-threading, memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
- Knowledge in Android UI design principles and intuitive, delightful interfaces
- Ability to work in areas out of your comfort zone and learn quickly
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
And a little more about us:
At Yummly, we are a team of talented and diverse technical professionals on a mission to rule the kitchen. We've seen great success using machine learning and artificial intelligence to make cooking fun, easy, and personalized. Our iOS and Android apps have 4.5+ star reviews, millions of downloads, and many awards (download and give it a try!).
We were recently acquired by Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance maker. Together, we have appetizing aspirations to build the fully-connected kitchen of the future.
We're located in a beautiful, modern office in downtown Redwood City, a few minutes’ walk from Caltrain. Please talk to us if you have a love for data, hard problems, and food!