Legal | New York, NY | Full Time
The Paralegal legal position will be an integral part of a two-person legal team working to manage the growth of a multinational start-up by partnering with external counsel both domestically and abroad.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist our General Counsel with drafting of complex commercial agreements
- Conduct research and provide analysis on a variety of matters to include licensing, securities law and international governance.
- Provide assistance on venture capital financings, acquisitions, and general corporate tasks regarding stock and option administration.
- Transactional responsibilities will include due diligence production and/or review, drafting of miscellaneous transaction documents, and management of closings on venture capital financing and merger and acquisition transactions.
- Providing administrative support to international legal counsel as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with domestic and international regulations, organizational, and contractual obligations.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in a law firm or comparable corporate environment
- Technology/Content licensing experience required
- Experience with multinational corporations and management of foreign subsidiaries preferred
- Experience with financing transactions, including structured transaction
- Ability to think strategically and to work successfully in a fast-paced, team-oriented atmosphere
- Ability to expeditiously identify and assess issues, evaluate risk and provide legally sound recommendations consistent with good business practices and reason
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills; ability to interact effectively and work diplomatically with individuals at all levels
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook)