Front Desk Agent
Front Desk | Charlotte, NC | Full Time
SECOND SHIFT ONLY Must be available Sunday thru Saturday and be able to work 3-11p
Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay. Determines a guest's
reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay and assigns rooms accommodating special
requests whenever possible. Verifies the guest’s method of payment and follows established credit-
checking procedures. Works closely with the housekeeping department in keeping room status reports
up-to-date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work. Must be sales-minded. Presents
options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices. Knows the location and types
of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
Duties and Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
1. Registers guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
2. Assists in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
3. Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit, check cashing, and cash-handling policies
4. Understands room status and room status tracking.
5. Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
6. Uses suggesting selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
7. Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping
of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
8. Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same-day reservations
and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
9. Knows how to use front office equipment.
10. Processes guest check-outs.
11. Posts and files all charges to guest, master, and city ledger accounts.
12. Uses proper telephone etiquette.
13. Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures.
14. Attends department meetings.
15. Coordinates guest room maintenance work with the engineering and maintenance division.
16. Knows all safety and emergency procedures. Is aware of accident prevention policies.
17. Completes duties and confirms on shift checklist as assigned.
18. Various other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Front Office Manager
- Must be able to pass drug test and multi state background check.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be dependable
We will be considering applications with PREVIOUS HOTEL EXPERIENCE FIRST. Positive attitude REQUIRED!