Web Development | San Francisco, CA
Xamarin is looking for a great Visual Designer with a photographic eye for elegant visual designs to help us create the next generation of developer tools. You will also be responsible for developing content for our website. Your designs will be front and center, reaching hundreds of thousands of developers, using a myriad products ranging from websites to code editors and other development tools. You will be working on some of our most frequently visited pages raging from our products page to our jobs page. Working at Xamarin means you'll have a large variety of new and exciting design challenges - served up daily. You have strong communication skills and can articulate your design concepts to internal teams. You love color, typography, a good sketch, and you are willing to push creative boundaries.
What We're Looking For:
- Is passionate about beautiful, elegant, functional user interfaces
- Has a photographic eye and loves thinking creativelyMastery of visual design tools
- Can build page layouts
- Has some experience as a developer; understands what developers want from their toolsIs able to create beautiful designs and mockups using software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Balsamiq, and others
- Loves building beautiful, interactive web pages.
- Has some experience with user testing and experimentation along with UX analytics
- Please share your design portfolio and any public code you've written.
- Competitive salary
- 20 vacation days per year to all employees
- Solid stock in a fast-growing, very successful startup
- Fully stocked refrigerator
- Catered lunch 3 times a week
- Health, dental and lots of other benefits in a great work environment
- Relocation benefits to move to San Francisco
Why join us:
Xamarin was voted one of San Francisco’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times. Join a fun team at a fast growing start-up and be part of the mobile revolution – the fastest growing movement in the history of computing. You will work with some of the best leaders and technical minds in the mobile space.
Xamarin is on a mission to make it fast, easy and fun to build great mobile apps. Founded in May 2011, Xamarin is a very fast-growing VC funded mobile startup with offices in San Francisco and Boston. Over 320,000 developers and thousands of customers use Xamarin because we provide the best platform to create great, fully native mobile apps for iOS, Android, Mac and Windows.
Xamarin is redefining cross-platform mobile development by unifying fully native app development for iOS, Android, Mac and Windows in a single C#-based platform. Developers get full access to each platform’s APIs — anything that can be done in Objective-C and Java can be done with Xamarin — and share on average up to 75% source code across platforms.
This role is based in San Francisco