Engineering | Cambridge, MA
- Build packages for existing software and deliver those for Mac and Windows.
- Build and package new software for Mac and Windows.
- Update our packaging processes to cope with changes in OSX and Windows.
- Maintain existing build system infrastructure.
- Maintain our continuous integration system.
What We're Looking For:
- Unix shell experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft MSI
- Familiarity with Unix build systems or Windows build systems
- Familiarity with GNU autoconf, automake and libtool
- Bonus: Knowledge of any of Python, Perl or Ruby scripting languages
- Bonus: C# experience
- Bonus: RPM experience or Debian packaging experience
- Competitive salary
- 20 vacation days per year to all employees
- Solid stock in a fast-growing, very successful startup
- Catered lunch 3 times a week
- Fully stocked refrigerator
- Health, dental and lots of other benefits in a great work environment
Why join us:
Xamarin was voted one of San Francisco’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times. Join a fun team at a fast growing start-up and be part of the mobile revolution – the fastest growing movement in the history of computing. You will work with some of the best leaders and technical minds in the mobile space.
Xamarin is on a mission to make it fast, easy and fun to build great mobile apps. Founded in May 2011, Xamarin is a very fast-growing VC funded mobile startup with offices in San Francisco and Boston. Over 320,000 developers and thousands of customers use Xamarin because we provide the best platform to create great, fully native mobile apps for iOS, Android, Mac and Windows.
Xamarin is redefining cross-platform mobile development by unifying fully native app development for iOS, Android, Mac and Windows in a single C#-based platform. Developers get full access to each platform’s APIs — anything that can be done in Objective-C and Java can be done with Xamarin — and share on average up to 75% source code across platforms.
This job is located in Cambridge, MA