WXperience 2021 Summer Intern Program
Admin | Novato, CA | Internship
WX Brands offers a unique portfolio of wine brands. The company has experienced noteworthy growth in the past few years, resulting in being named #15 among the Top 50 US wine companies by Wine Business Monthly in 2020.
The WXperience Internship Program, launching in the Summer of 2021, was established to develop our next generation of leaders. We anticipate that this program will offer interns the opportunity to engage in career building activities while simultaneously learning on the job and supporting their respective departments working on value-added work.
Each intern will be assigned a culminating project at the beginning of the internship and will be required to make a presentation at the end of the summer to the company’s leaders.
If our internship is able to be in-person for a portion of the summer of 2021, interns will be located in our Corporate Office in Novato, CA. If not, interns will be able to work remotely.
WX Brands will hire a small group of interns starting Tuesday, June 1 – Friday, August 6th.
While each intern will support one department, they will be expected to work cross-functionally with each other and other departments.
We are looking to hire interns across our various departments including:
- Marketing (brand marketing, trade marketing and creative services)
- Operations (includes project management)
- Finance (includes accounting and human resources)
- Information (includes analytics and business intelligence)
- Sales (includes sales support)
This hands-on experience gives interns the chance to build their resume, learn about the wine and consumer product goods business, and build a network of professional connections within the industry.
This is a paid internship and interns are expected to work 40 hours per week.
-Reside in the vicinity of our corporate office in Novato, CA or have ability to obtain housing for the summer.
-Must be a rising senior in college or 2021 graduate of a college or university
-Ideally be 21 years of age or older
-Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
-Teamwork approach to accomplishing goals
-Attention to detail
-Demonstrated leadership experience
-Working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
-Good written and verbal communication skills
-Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine.
-Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
-May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 40lbs
- Applicants will submit a cover letter and resume.
- The cover letter must clearly state the first choice and second choice departments the candidate is interested in and why.
- In cover letters, we encourage candidates to discuss how they resonate with some of company’s values (available at WXBrands.com) and provide insights into how they believe this internship will help them meet their professional goals.
- While there is no firm deadline for submitting, WX will start conducting interviews in April and plan to extend offers in early May.
- Those interested in applying for the Tony Moreno Scholarship Award must submit a supplementary essay.
Tony Moreno Scholarship Award for $5,000
This scholarship is named in honor of a beloved colleague we lost far too young, who championed diversity and inclusion efforts at WX Brands and the larger community.
While all interns will be paid, one intern will receive a scholarship for $5,000 to support their housing during the internship program, airfare to Northern California and other related expenses. If in 2021 WX Brands is fully remote for the full summer, the intern will be able to apply their scholarship award to education or another expense to support them on their professional journey.
The scholarship recipient will demonstrate through their application materials a commitment to showing grit, as this is a key element of the WX Brands story, and overcoming challenges related to being an underrepresented population in the higher education and/or business world.
- Applicants must be a rising senior or 2021 graduate of a college or university.
- In addition to the cover letter and resume, applicants for the scholarship will submit an essay of up to 1,000 words discussing the components above.
- After review of the materials submitted, selected applicants may be interviewed by key members of the WX Brands team.
- The scholarship will be distributed in two installments.