Tasting Room Manager
Jamieson Ranch Vineyards | Napa Valley, CA | Full Time
Tasting Room Manager
Jamieson Ranch Vineyards
Jamieson Ranch Vineyards, a stunning 300 acre estate in American Canyon, is nestled in the beautiful hills of the historic Vallejo Ranch. We have an immediate opening for a creative, enthusiastic and driven individual to join our management team. The Tasting Room Manager will provide leadership, support and training to our DTC staff, while working in a collaborative and supportive team-oriented environment.
In addition to managing the daily tasting room operations, this individual should have experience in retail compliance reporting, order processing and a strong background in DTC customer service and high level hospitality. We are seeking a positive and creative person with an interest in growing with us and having a significant voice and “seat at the table.”
Under the direction of and collaboration with the GM, this individual will oversee the following:
-Train, Supervise and Evaluate Tasting Room Hospitality Associates. Provide support and coaching as needed to improve and develop individual and group wine knowledge, hospitality skills and sales performance
- Conduct weekly staff meetings to review team-oriented goals & achievement
- Develop and conduct marketing outreach (in person, via email and phone) to our local hospitality partners and tour companies
- Maintain outreach and mailing list database
- Accurately handle all sales transactions, including the opening, closing and daily operations of cash register
- Maintain accurate count of daily/monthly inventory and samples used in Tasting Room.
- Participate in planning and implementation of Wine Club and Hospitality events
- Work with the DTC team to successfully execute the monthly, quarterly and yearly marketing calendar
- Work with Wine Club Manager and Hospitality team to build club membership and develop wine club experiences that deliver on-going loyalty
- Collaborate with Events Manager to create and execute unique guest experiences
- Monthly Retail Compliance Reporting
Key Competencies & Preferred Qualifications:
* Outstanding customer service and communication skills
* Motivated, fun and inspiring team player and leader
* Knowledge of Napa Valley wines and wine production
* PC skills including MS office products: Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, etc.
* Experience with Wine Direct/Vin65 POS system
* Knowledge of ShipCompliant
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Solid understanding of social media platforms, specifically Yelp, TripAdvisor
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Must be 21 years of age or older
Able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
Able to stand for extended periods of time