Tasting Room Manager
Bread & Butter | Napa Valley, CA | Full Time
Tasting Room Manager
Bread & Butter Winery, Napa, CA
Bread & Butter Winery, located on the Silverado Trail is launching a brand new Tasting Room to serve as the flagship location for one of the fastest growing wine brands in the US. We have an immediate opening for a Tasting Room Manager to develop and grow our DTC business in this inviting new space! This person will need help to hire and then manage our tasting room team to deliver sales to meet weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual business targets as well as growth goals as set forth in the winery’s long-range business plan.
This person should have a proven track record showing: significant sales of wine or other luxury goods, the ability to build a strong visitor count and viable partnerships in the community, respected and motivating people manager, success in growing an email subscriber list, and development of business opportunities through e-commerce and social media platforms. This position requires a leader who provides a vision for DTC – a problem-solver with initiative and experience that is highly motivated to generate retail sales.
- Develop and execute annual plans, with responsibility for achieving financial objectives.
- Manage DTC team including but not limited to hiring, scheduling, performance coaching, and training.
- Determine wine product line and pricing in partnership with Winemaking & Brand Management.
- Define and update winery experiences as needed.
- Work with Wine Club Manager to manage assortment, schedule and fulfillment for Wine Club.
- Work with team to determine and execute tasting room and wine club events.
- Provide two-year forecast to Winemaking on annual basis and update quarterly.
- Determine vendors, product line and pricing for Tasting Room merchandise in partnership with Brand Management.
- Determine and execute local marketing including advertising, pouring events and donation opportunities.
- Develop operating procedures and train/manage staff to follow them.
- Responsible for selling wine to consumers through retail selling channels (tasting room, phone, email, visitor center, events, off-site events, etc.)
- Responsible for regular analysis of sales to determine areas of success and how to grow these areas for increased revenue.
- Improve visitor count. Work with Wine Club Manager to ensure club members are appropriately managed and rewarded.
- Contribute to retail marketing campaigns by providing content for email campaigns.
- Develop and direct Tasting Room strategies to grow sales and club memberships.
- Meet and exceed sales goals.
- Responsible for maintaining and managing the relationship between Tasting Room and landlord.
This position reports directly to the Senior DTC Manager; it will likely have three full-time direct reports and additional part-time staff as needed seasonally.
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience managing wine DTC program.
- Proven people manager with experience leading and motivating teams.
- General knowledge of fine wine; bonus for knowledge of the Napa Valley and Napa Valley wines.
- Strong ability to network and convert connections into increased visitors to the winery.
- Strong understanding of the luxury goods market and proven sales record in the luxury goods market.
- Strong organizational skills: must be able to multi task and to deliver multiple deadlines across a variety of ongoing projects and can collaborate and lead a team.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Wine Direct, Word, Excel, Vin65, Dropbox and other software.
- Self-starter with a strong motivation to create sales opportunities in the retail sales channel.
Founded in 1999, WX is a privately-owned innovative beverage alcohol company that produces wine in 17 countries, on 5 different continents, and ships to 12 countries in Asia, Europe, Australasia, and North America. With offices located in Novato, CA and London, WX offers a unique working environment, with the fast pace of an entrepreneurial start-up and the down-to-earth atmosphere found in the Northern California wine industry. We seek people who are passionate about making a difference in the industry and their careers.
You can find out more by visiting our website: www.wxbrands.com