PACKAGING PRODUCTION ARTIST
Creative Services | Novato, CA | Full Time
WX Brands in Novato, CA has curated a unique portfolio of proprietary wine brands that are sold across the United States and in select countries around the world. In addition to our proprietary brands, WX develops exclusive brands of wine and spirits for major retailers around the world.
You can learn more about us at www.wxbrands.com
PACKAGING PRODUCTION ARTIST
Our creative department is in search of a Packaging Production Artist to join our merry team of creative professionals! If working fast and enthusiastically with our Creative Director and Artwork Production Manager on multiple fast-paced packaging projects sound like your cup of tea, then we want to meet you!! Our projects require building precise, accurate files for print from concept images.
Specific duties include:
- Communicate professionally and knowledgeably with Project Management and Procurement teams.
- Take ownership while working collaboratively to manage complex packaging projects.
- Keeping a diligent eye on timelines for multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to pre-flight files and archive materials.
- Make edits to pre-existing files during the design process.
- Package art files for release to print partners
- Assist Creative, Marketing and Sales teams with ad hoc requests.
- Utilize and lend technical knowledge to build and keep uniformity among all print mechanicals.
- Maintain our asset database on the server using strict naming conventions.
- Be proactive in envisioning and implementing new efficiencies in processes and workflow.
- Understanding of verifying the accuracy of copy, regulated package elements, and basic compliance requirements
- Ensure the integrity of the approved concept design throughout the production process
- Ability to work with Creative to choose and standardize inks and color builds for printing
- Attend press checks for printed materials; Work closely with external vendors
Required Skills & Experience:
- BA in Graphic Design or other relevant education.
- 3-5 years production artist experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs, specifically Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including creating and editing Word and PowerPoint documents.
- Expert understanding of type/fonts and vector-based vs. raster-based design.
- 3D product rendering ability desirable
- A good eye for layout design and solid technical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be friendly, motivated, and a team player.
- Ability to juggle many projects at once, while maintaining quality control.
- Must be open to feedback and comfortable with making multiple rounds of changes.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Able to troubleshoot minor problems with fonts, applications, and with our internal platform.
- Comfortable with creating and releasing small and large format files.
- Beverage alcohol industry experience a definite plus.
- An advanced understanding of the print process and technology is essential
WX offers a competitive benefits package including PTO starting at 19 days per year plus employee pricing on our amazing products! We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes career growth by leaps and bounds while being part of a team-oriented environment that knows how to have fun!