National Accounts Manager, East Coast/Mid-Atlantic Region
Sales | Boston, MA | Full Time
WX Brands in Novato, CA has curated a unique portfolio of proprietary wine brands that are sold across the United States and in select countries around the world. In addition to our proprietary brands, WX develops exclusive brands of wine and spirits for major retailers around the world.
You can learn more about us at www.wxbrands.com
WX is growing it's National Accounts team and we want to talk to you out this great opportunity!
The National Account Manager (NAM) position is responsible for the sales of WX wine brands in targeted National and emerging Regional chains within a defined, multi-state, dedicated territory. The NAM must regularly collaborate with WX Regional Managers, distributor partners, and National Accounts VP to penetrate targeted accounts and ensure proper alignment of current brand priorities, depletion and profit goals. The NAM is responsible for continuous account development and profitable growth within the guidelines of brand and organizational strategy while sharing best practices and execution of basic category management principles. This Mid-Atlantic Region NAM could live anywhere in the Mid-Atlantic region and work out of their home based office.
Accountability fall into 4 key categories designed to achieve the Primary Responsibilities of the role—Plan & Prepare, Execute, Measure & Improve, Administrative:
- Plan & Prepare
- Execute call frequency goals on lateral call points within designated chains, build and maintain strong relationships with all key decision makers with account base
- Create annual business plan for each assigned retailer
- Manage existing business for sustained, profitable growth
- Identify opportunities for incremental business within existing customers
- Identify new customers by identifying Targets, developing them into Prospects, and converting them into Customers
- Plan for and sell-in multi-faceted programs to drive brand visibility and retail takeaway
- Fully own, document, and communicate all assigned account activity to RSM and account constituent list
- Fully understand account retail enterprise design and personnel hierarchy
- Work with RSM team to understand and effectively access distributor and retailer pricing structure
- Understand account mapping connection to the WX distributor network
- Identify and communicate with key distributor personnel who can influence account decision-making using a collaborative process with the RSM team
- Identify and resolve account management issues
- Regularly meet with and communicate to account buying influencers
- Maintain positive individual and enterprise relationships with assigned accounts
- Measure & Improve
- Effectively monitor execution of retailer programming during the program
- Conduct Post Executional Analysis of retailer programming and communicate to retailer and account constituent list after the program
- Conduct and support retail execution surveys to assess and improve execution
- Conduct monthly Customer Price Reports in order to drive individual and organizational awareness of retail pricing dynamics
- Monitor performance of WX products within assigned accounts in order to ensure they are achieving retailer commercial objectives
- Monitor retailer performance against production agreement parameters to include communication with WX logistical and production management stakeholders
- Monitor individual performance against commercial accountabilities within assigned accounts
- Conduct all account management administrative activities in a thorough and timely manner
- Complete all WX administrative duties in a thorough and timely manner
- Expense Management and Policy Compliance
- Weekly Activity Reporting
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Seven plus years sales experience in beverage alcohol industry with extensive knowledge of wine the business within the 3-tier distribution system and understanding of its trends, products, competitive issues, laws and business opportunities
- B.S. or B.A, MBA preferred, or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a personal car (we offer an auto allowance)
Skills & Abilities
- Proven success managing beverage alcohol sales to large retail chain accounts and achieving assigned commercial objectives
- Ability to prospect for new business and manage leads through a complex Project Management process through to completion.
- Experience developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies, creating pricing and promotional programs, rolling out new products, and doing the legwork on and off the road
- Must be able to recognize and solve problems, set goals and achieve them.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong time management skills
- Proficiency in analyzing and using sales data (to include depletions, shipments, syndicated data, and retailer scan data) to effectively manage business within assigned accounts and to sell-in incremental business opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a cross functional team environment and to influence, persuade, and collaborate with team members to achieve assigned commercial objectives.
WX offers a competitive benefits package including PTO starting at 19 days per year. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes career growth by leaps and bounds while being part of a team-oriented environment that knows how to have fun!