Jamieson Ranch Vineyards | American Canyon, CA | Part Time
Position: Kitchen Assistant
Reports to: Executive Chef
Job Type: Part-Time, Hourly (16-20 hrs/wk)
Location: American Canyon, CA
Jamieson Ranch Vineyards has a part-time Kitchen Assistant position available working alongside our in-house Chef. This position will include assisting with food preparation for our guests, being responsible for maintaining cleanliness in all food and dishwashing related areas, and any dishwashing and/or service-related needs as deemed by Chef.
- Operate industrial dishwashing machine.
- Be able to lift and carry items up to 50 pounds.
- Willingness to work in hot, humid environment and on your feet up to 8 hours.
- Wash glassware and other implements by hand when necessary.
- Empty and clean all trash receptacles and recyclable materials.
- Maintain cleanliness in all work and storage related areas.
- Follow all health and sanitary policies.
- Assist in any and all food preparation directed by Chef.
- Be willing to work events and assist in any manner needed as it relates to dishwashing, food preparation, or service.
- Show up to work on time.
- Have good time management skills.
- Follow all safety and health related protocols.
- Dishwashing experience a plus, but not mandatory. Willing to train.
- Commercial food preparation experience a must. Some restaurant experience is preferred. Minimum 2 years.
- Be able to maintain a flexible work schedule. Be able to work day or evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
- Either possess or procure a food handlers certificate within 30 days of employment.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.