HR & Office Coordinator
Admin | Novato, CA | Full Time
HR & Office Coordinator
Do you have a knack for details, have some great admin experience already under your belt and are ready to kick-start your career in office coordination, HR plus event planning,? We would LOVE to talk to you about joining our team here at WX!
We have an opening for a dynamic admin extraordinaire to join our hard working & fun loving HR and Office Management team. You will spend you days being the driving force behind a wide variety of tasks including setting up meetings, drafting our newsletter, planning employee events, supporting the office with wrangling conference rooms, ordering supplies, running out to pick up lunches (post COVID-19), coordinating interviews and so so much more!
Who are we?
WX Brands in Novato, CA has curated a unique portfolio of proprietary wine brands that are sold across the United States and in select countries around the world. In addition to our proprietary brands, WX develops exclusive brands of wine and spirits for major retailers around the world.
You can learn more about us at www.wxbrands.com
Here is a break down of the primary responsibilities:
Front Desk Management/Office Assistant – 45%
- Assists with general administrative duties as needed including but not limited to, filing, preparing correspondence, faxing, copying, and sorting mail.
- Daily coordinating in-office and virtual meetings and conference rooms
- Assists Office Manager on overflow tasks; calls, emails, errands, etc..
- Orders and maintains office supplies and inventory
- Manage vendors relationships for cost effective offices supplies
- Places and picks up lunch orders when requested
- Coordinates offsite storage requests
- Maintain and organized supply room and kitchen
- Assist with mail merge and shipping projects
- Communicate with building management as needed
- Run office errands
- Approve invoices and provide receipts to accounting
- Maintain current mailboxes and scanner email addresses
- Ensure general upkeep of conference rooms
- Issue and log who receives office/gym keys, alarm codes
- Provide administrative support to other departments needs with special projects on an as-needed/as-available basis.
- Assist Senior Mgrs. with scheduling meetings.
- Assist with travel arrangements and hotels accommodations
- Assembly of board books.
- Enter and submit company expense reports
- Maintain positive professional presence at front desk, greeting visitors and answering phones.
Event Coordinating and Company Culture 35%
- Event planning for company events including seasonal social gatherings such as the holiday party and summer picnic.
- Planning offsite quarterly company meetings.
- Monthly on-site employee recognition (ie wine-tasting, birthdays, special occasions)
- Coordinating company volunteer projects
- Create and send out monthly newsletters
HR Assistant – 20%
- Provide recruitment assistance by scheduling in-person interviews
- Collect applications and interview evaluation forms.
- Organize new hire onboarding (new hire paperwork, orientation schedule, etc)
Here is what we need you to bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent, four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you are often the first face for WX Brands, a friendly professional demeanor is important.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently without direction
- Acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience with professional email writing.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Outlook.
- Must valid license and clean driving record. Ability to use personal car for errands regularly.
- Bonus points if you have some experience supporting HR as this position could take on more HR related projects.
WX offers a competitive benefits package including PTO starting at 19 days per year plus employee pricing on our amazing products! We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes career growth by leaps and bounds while being part of a team-oriented environment that knows how to have fun!