Jamieson Ranch Vineyards | Napa Valley, CA | Full Time
Jamieson Ranch Vineyards, Napa, CA
Jamieson Ranch Vineyards, located in the American Canyon hills, and once part of the historic Vallejo land grant, has an immediate opening for a General Manager to develop and grow our DTC business. This person will need to deliver sales to meet weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual business targets and growth goals as set forth in the winery’s long-range business plan.
This person should have a proven track record showing: significant sales of wine or other luxury goods, the ability to build a strong visitor count and viable partnerships in the community, to grow an email subscriber list, and to develop business opportunities through e-commerce and social media platforms. This position requires a leader who provides a vision for DTC – a problem-solver with initiative and experience that is highly motivated to generate retail sales.
- Develop and execute annual plans, with responsibility for achieving financial objectives.
- Manage DTC team – Wine Club Manager, Tasting Room Manager, Culinary Manager and Facilities position.
- Determine wine product line and pricing.
- Define and update winery experiences as needed.
- Work with Wine Club Manager to manage assortment, schedule and fulfillment for Wine Club.
- Work with team to determine and execute tasting room and wine club events.
- Provide two-year forecast to Winemaking on annual basis and update quarterly.
- Determine vendors, product line and pricing for Tasting Room merchandise.
- Determine and execute local marketing including advertising, pouring events and donation opportunities.
- Work with Tasting Room Manager to supervise tasting room staff of five and make personnel decisions including hiring and compensation.
- Develop operating procedures and train/manage staff to follow them.
- Responsible for selling wine to consumers through all retail selling channels (tasting room, wine club, phone, email, visitor center, events, off-site events, etc.)
- Responsible for regular analysis of sales to determine areas of success and how to grow these areas for increased revenue.
- Improve visitor count; bring the “right” consumer to the property.
- Work with Wine Club Manager to ensure club members are appropriately managed and rewarded.
- Contribute to retail marketing campaigns by providing content for email campaigns.
- Work with Tasting Room Manager to develop and direct Tasting Room strategies to grow sales and club memberships.
- Meet and exceed sales goals.
- Responsible for maintaining and managing the relationship between winery and leaseholder and managing Tasting Room sales for partner winery.
This position reports directly to the VP of Marketing & DTC; it has four full-time direct reports.
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience managing wine DTC program.
- Proven people manager with experience leading and motivating teams.
- General knowledge of fine wine; bonus for knowledge of the Napa Valley and Napa Valley wines.
- Strong ability to network and convert connections into increased visitors to the winery.
- Strong understanding of the luxury goods market and proven sales record in the luxury goods
- Strong organizational skills: must be able to multi task and to deliver multiple deadlines across a
variety of ongoing projects and can collaborate and lead a team.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Word, Excel, Vin65, Dropbox and other software.
- Self-starter with a strong motivation to create sales opportunities in the retail sales channel.