Finance | Novato, CA | Full Time
WX Brands in Novato, CA has curated a unique portfolio of proprietary wine and beer brands that are sold across the United States and in select countries around the world. In addition to our proprietary brands, WX develops exclusive brands of wine, beer and spirits for major retailers around the world.
You can learn more about us at www.wxbrands.com
We are looking for a strategic and hands on Controller to join our team and take responsibility for the overall management of the accounting and finance functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
They include the following duties, however others may be assigned:
- Management of the accounting and finance functions
- Financial reporting and analysis – communicated to business units on a monthly basis
- Develop, analyze and makes recommendations relating to accounting and financial systems to ensure the efficient financial operations
- Analyze and manage inventory cost accounting function and make recommendations for improvements
- Develop and manage internal control, policies, process and procedures
- Coordinate integrated business process audits and reports findings, recommendations and plans to executive management
- Insures the timely completion of month-end close. Promptly evaluates findings and recommendations reported by auditors and then determines proper actions in response to audit findings and recommendations for corrective actions
- Prepares and manages monthly cash flow forecast
- Manages accounting system and provides report and system optimization
- Prepare the monthly close including journal entries and general ledger reconciliations
- Prepare prepaid, accrued expense and fixed asset depreciation schedules
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual income, sales and use, crv tax returns and payments due to government entities
- Ensure accounting department calendar deadlines are met
- Maintain the company’s system of accounts to assure proper coding of all revenues and expenses
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the annual budget
- Coordinate activities related to the annual audit
- Calculate and record and stock comp expense, Black Scholes and related reporting
- Prepare and monitor required banking covenant compliance tests
- Lead post acquisition process including asset, liability and intangibles valuation.
- Prepare financial analysis in response to requests from management and outside lenders
Manage team of 7 operating in the accounting function. Serves in a mentoring role to the accounting staff
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major
- 6-8 years of experience in private industry, beverage alcohol or CPG preferred.
- 3-5 years experience with inventory cost accounting of physical inventory with high turnover
- Experiencing managing and mentoring people
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience with and understanding of Accounting systems
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Must be able to prioritize and work within fast paced environment with competing and changing priorities.
- Experience with Microsoft NAV and Power BI a plus
- Must be able to speak, read, and write fluently in the English language.
Work Environment: Fast paced, open environment. Typical office noises. Seated the majority of the day.
Perks: WX offers a competitive benefits package including PTO starting at 19 days per year plus employee pricing on our amazing products! We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes career growth by leaps and bounds while being part of a team-oriented environment that knows how to have fun!