Legal | Novato, CA | Full Time
Founded in 1999, WX is a privately-owned innovative beverage alcohol company that produces products in 17 countries, on 5 different continents, and ships to 12 countries in Asia, Europe, Australasia, and North America. With offices located in Novato, CA and London, WX offers a unique working environment, with the fast pace of an entrepreneurial start-up and the down-to-earth atmosphere found in the Northern California wine industry. We seek people who are passionate about making a difference in the industry and their careers.
You can find out more by visiting our website: www.wxbrands.com
Our busy Compliance & Legal department is growing and is looking for a Compliance Specialist to join our team!
Responsibility for certain areas of wine compliance within the organization, with areas to be determined based on experience. Duties may include obtaining federal label approvals, state label and brand registrations, federal and state sales and tax filings (wholesale and direct to consumer), maintaining all permits and licenses, and other compliance functions. This role reports to the Compliance Manager, and will interface with all segments of the organization, including management, sales and marketing, as well as external regulatory agencies.
Functions (specific duties to be based on experience):
- Review labels and packaging materials to ensure they meet all relevant laws
- File and obtain TTB label approvals for all alcoholic beverage labels.
- Maintain licenses in all states in which Company sells alcoholic beverages.
- Maintain label registrations with states, where required.
- Prepare monthly reports for each state, where required.
- Obtain proper documentation and approvals to amend permits.
- Keep informed of all upcoming new state and federal regulations.
- File for all county Fictitious Business Names.
- File for all TTB permit amendments like trade name additions and corporate officer or director changes.
- Maintain ShipCompliant to be able to print and file monthly wine & spirit monthly reports.
- Obtain and maintain solicitor permits as required by law
- Supervise monthly CA excise tax returns for all production facilities and Importer license, annual CA Winegrower’s excise tax return, TTB excise tax returns for all production facilities, monthly wine operation report for all wineries.
- Trade practices review and advice
- Contract review
3-5 years of relevant experience in wine compliance
Excellent research and analytical skills to gather appropriate facts.
Strong computer skills including knowledge of electronic research tools, as well as Vintegrate and ShipCompliant.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills including the ability to summarize complex material from many sources and communicate clearly and concisely.
Excellent time management and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
Ability to complete complex assignments involving multiple issues with minimal direction.
Ability to keep matters confidential.
Must be able to work in a demanding, fast paced environment and work well under pressure.
WX offers a competitive benefits package including PTO starting at 19 days per year. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes career growth by leaps and bounds while being part of a team-oriented environment that knows how to have fun!