Legal | Novato, CA | Full Time
Founded in 1999, WX is a privately-owned company that develops exclusive brands of wine, beer, and spirits for retailers around the world, as well as has a portfolio of National Brands that are sold across the U.S. and in select countries around the world. WX has offices in Novato, CA and London.
For more information, please visit: www.wxbrands.com.
Primary responsibility for all compliance matters for wine, spirits, and beer. Key duties include obtaining federal label approvals, state label and brand registrations, federal and state sales and tax filings (wholesale and direct to consumer), maintaining all permits and licenses, and maintaining documentation and tracking appointments. This role will interface with all segments of the organization, including management, sales and marketing, as well as external regulatory agencies.
- Review all labels and packaging materials to ensure they meet all relevant laws (wine, beer and spirits).
- File and obtain TTB label approvals for all alcoholic beverage labels.
- Maintain licenses in all states in which Company sells alcoholic beverages.
- Maintain label registrations with states.
- Prepare monthly reports for each state.
- Obtain proper documentation and approvals to amend permits.
- Keep informed of all upcoming new state and federal regulations.
- File for all county Fictitious Business Names.
- File for all TTB permit amendments like trade name additions and corporate officer or director changes.
- Maintain ShipCompliant to be able to print and file monthly wine & spirit monthly reports.
- File monthly CA excise tax returns for all production facilities and Importer license, annual CA Winegrower’s excise tax return, TTB excise tax returns for all production facilities, monthly wine operation report for all wineries.
5-8 years of related experience as compliance manager in wine industry.
Excellent research and analytical skills to gather appropriate facts.
Strong computer skills including knowledge of electronic research tools, as well as Vintegrate and ShipCompliant.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills including the ability to summarize complex material from many sources and communicate clearly and concisely.
Excellent time management and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
Ability to complete complex assignments involving multiple issues with minimal direction.
Ability to keep matters confidential.
Must be able to work in a demanding, fast paced environment and work well under pressure.
- WX offers a competitive benefits package including PTO starting at 19 days per year. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes career growth by leaps and bounds while being part of a team-oriented environment that knows how to have fun!