Brand Manager – Exclusive Brands
Marketing | Novato, CA | Full Time
The Brand Manager - Exclusive Brands, will take on the critical role in the brand development and execution of the annual and long-term strategic marketing plans for our 40+ exclusive wine brands within our key national off-premise retail accounts.
Key focus areas will include:
- Creates new brands through disciplined thinking at each step of brand development process from brand conception to consumer adoption.
- Leads and guides team through brand development:
- Developing creative briefs for new brand development.
- Evaluating creative brand concepts as they relate to the national account and providing constructive and clear feedback on creative designs to the Creative team.
- Leads brand business analysis efforts. Continuously monitors business and brand health performance using internal and external data resources to identify issues and opportunities to drive both brand development and volume performance, and to deliver actionable insights.
- Leads day-to-day brand budget management, PO creation and invoice processes. Ensures that dollars are allocated and spent in an efficient and effective manner within budgetary parameters.
- Assisting in development of long-term brand growth plan and annual business plans, collaborating with Marketing Director, National Account Sales Managers and other internal stakeholders.
- Acting as internal liaison with cross functional teams, including but not limited to: Winemaking, Production, Legal, Compliance, Sales, Pricing and S&OP.
- Participating in sales planning sessions, distributor meetings, and national account buyer meetings, as appropriate
Business & Leadership Skills
- WORK WITH FIRE & HUSTLE – Works with a sense of urgency. Takes ownership & does whatever it takes. Works hard & play hard. Celebrates successes.
- KNOW YOUR STUFF – Gets it right the first time. Learns from mistakes. Is an expert in their field. Listens & learns from others.
- LASER FOCUS – Understands & believes in the WX Vision. Behaves consistently, and in alignment, with our goals. Achieves more by doing less.
- SELF STARTER – Ability to complete projects independently and with a spirit of urgency; manage multiple priority projects at once; demonstrate flexibility as priorities change.
- VALUE & SUPPORT EACH OTHER – Works collaboratively as a team. Treats others with respect. Champions all forms of diversity.
- Must have experience developing and managing consumer brand development and packaging, and ideating compelling POS, sales materials and promotions.
- Effective project management skills – ability to execute on-time and within budget.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in analyzing Nielsen data.
- Skilled with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required or equivalent experience; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of brand marketing experience, ideally in the wine industry.
- Possess valid driver’s license.
- Travel required – 15-20%.
- Ability to lift up to 45 lbs. occasionally.
WX offers a competitive benefits package including PTO starting at 19 days per year. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes career growth by leaps and bounds while being part of a team-oriented environment that knows how to have fun!