Assistant Trade Marketing Manager
Marketing | Novato, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to combine your passion for wine and entrepreneurship to join one of the fastest growing wine companies in the world?
We’re looking for a special person to join our Trade Marketing team at WX Brands. The Assistant Trade Marketing Manager plays an integral role as a key participant to support a translation of marketing strategies and initiatives into activation with our retail and on-premise partners. This person will support the Trade Marketing team, from maintaining retail playbooks to facilitating rebate programming. In addition, this position effectively coordinates the POS production cycle from final creative through ordering, manufacturing, and delivery of POS assets to our distributor network.
Other key aspects include working across a spectrum of internal clients including Brand Management, Creative Services and Sales partners; third party vendor and production suppliers. This role provides day-to-day oversight of various Marketing and Sales support system applications used in the ordering process, coupon support and brand asset management.
- Partners with Creative Services to initiate, finalize and release to production materials that target the retail and on-premise trade for point of purchase conversion, brand enhancing and consumer awareness programs.
- Coordinates point-of-sale program production, assuring that materials are delivered on time, on-budget and at quality execution. Communicates potential risks to on time delivery of components. Assists in the implementation of cost-savings and improvement opportunities to meet annual targets. Tracks/rectifies POS shipments & deliveries for Sales Partners.
- Co-manages multiple vendors in the production and delivery of Point-of-Sale marketing materials, becoming a quick study and subject matter expert of POS resources and specifications.
- Manages POS supplier invoices with WX accounting team.
- Leads the implementation of the WX Brands annual coupon/rebate programming calendar (national & regional).
- Manages rebate development, execution, and tracking with cross functional teams (Compliance, Brand, Creative and Finance).
- Leads a monthly rebate activity report analysis.
- Oversees day-to-day relationship with external coupon settlement house(s) to ensure accurate programming activation, adherence to contractual obligations, payment instructions and fraud prevention.
- Identifies trends and opportunities to recalibrate consumer pull / redemption strategies and grow into a subject matter expert on WX Brands national and exclusive wine rebates.
- Manages rebate weekly invoices with WX accounting team.
- Implements and ongoingly updates digital shelf product information, brand content and brand assets to select brick and mortar and online retailers through an online syndication partner platform.
- Day-to-day manager of WX Brands / Syndigo partnership.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to elevate and stay competitive in digital shelf presence for all related WX Brands wines.
- Partners with Sales, Brand and Creative teams to create revised or enhanced product information & assets necessary for ongoing digital shelf updates.
Activation & Programming Support
- Leads execution tool kits for annual programming and key selling moments.
- Day-to-day oversight of coordinating brand assets, selling & education tools/documents to all Sales support system applications.
- Updates and republishes Brand Playbooks for key program periods.
- Key contributor of insights and ideas that will help WX Brands win at the point of purchase.
- Facilitator of WX Brands POS ordering site for scheduled POS ordering windows.
- Manages cost tracking and invoice processing with WX accounting for Regional Marketing initiatives.
- Supports key trade events as needed:
- Sales & Marketing meetings
- Biannual national sales meetings
- Food & Wine events, Various Trade Shows
- Fosters and maintains strong relationships with various internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams (Brand, Creative, Finance, Legal, Sales) as well as key external partners, agencies and vendors.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in either a Sales or Marketing capacity.
- Recommended understanding of the 3-Tier wine Distribution System, retail and on-premise environments and production processes.
- Experience working with vendors in the design, production and distribution of POS marketing materials.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization. Must have excellent customer service skills with the ability to work with both internal and external customers. Must be able to recommend viable solutions to problems and issues.
- Must take the initiative to learn and acquire new skills and abilities and improve upon existing systems and programs.
- Maintains positive and can-do attitude and approach to work. Must operate with a sense of urgency and a customer-first approach. Individual needs to be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to operate and perform independently.
- Must possess excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills. Ability to guide projects from conception to fruition within established timelines and budget is essential.
- Must be able to travel up to 10%
Founded in 1999, WX is a privately-owned innovative beverage alcohol company that produces wine in 17 countries, on 5 different continents, and ships to 12 countries in Asia, Europe, Australasia, and North America. With offices located in Novato, CA and London, WX offers a unique working environment, with the fast pace of an entrepreneurial start-up and the down-to-earth atmosphere found in the Northern California wine industry. We seek people who are passionate about making a difference in the industry and their careers.
You can find out more by visiting our website: www.wxbrands.com