Area Sales Manager - New Orleans
Sales | New Orleans, LA | Full Time
Founded in 1999, WX is a privately-owned innovative beverage alcohol company that produces wine in 17 countries, on 5 different continents, and ships to 12 countries in Asia, Europe, Australasia, and North America. With offices located in Novato, CA and London, WX offers a unique working environment, with the fast pace of an entrepreneurial start-up and the down-to-earth atmosphere found in the Northern California wine industry. We seek people who are passionate about making a difference in the industry and their careers.
You can find out more by visiting our website: www.wxbrands.com
Area Sales Manager - New Orleans
WX Brands is searching for an Area Sales Manager (ASM) based in the New Orleans area to join our growing team. This person will work directly with our distributor partners on the development and promotion of our national brands in both the on premise and off premise trade channels.
The ideal candidate will come to the table with established relationships in the New Orleans and broader Louisiana market and will hit the ground running!
Responsibilities will include but are not be limited to the following:
- Participation in distributor work-withs, crew drives, training seminars, trade shows and sales meeting.
- The expectation is that our ASMs will spend 80% of their time in the field developing relationships with key high-potential volume accounts.
- The ASMs will be selling and promoting WX National Brand products to those key accounts using only methods allowable by law set by the ABC in the geographies were they are conducting business.
- Promotion of WX National Brands could include but not limited to participate in product sampling events, wine dinners, distributor trade shows and regional wine events. Nights and Weekends will be required.
- Weekly reporting of activities to their supervisor including activities, success stories, events and meetings attending along with plans for upcoming activities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree or equivalent experience plus minimum 3 years direct distributor experience within the beverage alcohol industry.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Effective problem solving skills, solid communication skills, good judgment and professional maturity.
- Must be organized and efficient at completing administrative tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and be prepared to embrace a start-up environment.
- Demonstrate intermediate Microsoft Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Must be able to drive within region as well as maintain a home office.
- Able to lift 40lb cases of wine to build display’s.
- Comfortable speaking about our wines to small and large audiences.
- Ability to sit in a car and travel for prolonged periods of time.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable automobile transportation.
WX offers a competitive benefits package including PTO starting at 19 days per year. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes career growth by leaps and bounds while being part of a team-oriented environment that knows how to have fun!