Accounting Manager - Finance
Finance | Novato, CA | Full Time
Accounting Manager - Finance
We are looking for a strong accountant with a strong work ethic who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment. Experience in the beverage alcohol industry a plus. Candidates with treasury, banking, liquidity, expense management, payroll and the monthly close process highly desirable.
Banking and Liquidity
- Day-to-day and long-range cash flow and liquidity management and reporting
- FX hedging, foreign wires and related
- Bank reconciliations
- Loan management and periodic bank reporting
- Oversight of bank audits
- Manage bank accounts, positive pay and other treasury activity
- Assist with new line extensions, waivers and other ad hoc reporting
Payroll and related
- Assist with international payroll, foreign pension and payroll taxes
- Liaison with UK accountants for payroll and compliance matters
- Record monthly payroll, benefits, FTO and related entries for entire company
- Forecast payroll and related tax for budget and forecasts
- Oversee workers comp audits
- Employee expense approval in accordance with Company policy
- Work with outside CPAs to ensure taxes are paid in a timely manner
- File and maintain timeliness for all sales, CRV, CA Manufacturers, Ohio Cat Tax, UK VAT, property and other tax reporting as required
- Maintain accurate reconciliations of prepaid, accrued, estimated and other tax liabilities and receivables
Monthly Close, Audit & Financial Analysis
- Journal Entries, account reconciliations and analysis
- Record and report fixed assets and depreciation and related
- Prepare all relevant documentations and PBC’s for annual audit
- Assist with audit administration
- Other ad hoc reporting
Customer & Vendor Set Up
- Set up new vendors and customers in accordance with company standards
- Run credit checks or/and obtain approvals for initial and revision to credit limits
- Establish and standardize set up process
- Maintain database
Business Process and Procedure
- Improve close timing
- Liaison with business owners to develop and improve of operations and reporting.
- Proactively identify processes and systems to enhance documentation, standardization, efficiency, reporting and analysis.
- Ensure that appropriate controls and processes are in place to safeguard company assets.
- Cross-train to cover other accounting functions for absences.
Other projects, assignments and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
Required Skills and Education Include:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar Finance and Accounting role. Treasury and cash flow experience highly desired. Knowledge of Concur expense reporting system preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel 2007 user
- Undergraduate degree (B.S. in Accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Experience with major accounting systems, knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics – Navision experience a plus.
- Professional commitment to job and career.
- Extremely organized with good time management skills.
- Able to build effective partnerships across teams.