Finance | Novato, CA | Full Time
WX Brands in Novato, CA has curated a unique portfolio of proprietary wine brands that are sold across the United States and in select countries around the world. In addition to our proprietary brands, WX develops exclusive brands of wine for major retailers around the world.
You can learn more about us at www.wxbrands.com
We are looking for an Accounting Manager with experience in the beverage alcohol industry. Qualified candidates should have a strong work ethic and be able to manage people, audits, and the monthly Close process.
Our goal is to strive for efficiency and effectiveness, shorter reporting times and more accurate and relevant reporting. This role requires a leader who takes full ownership of their work and understands the operational significance of the numbers they report.
This role is based out of our Novato office which is currently closed due to Covid 19. The office will remain closed through year end and we hope to return to working together in Novato as a team in 2021. Until that time, this role will be 100% remote. Once the office is reopened, we expect our Accounting Manager to be working full-time in our Novato office.
Monthly Close & Financial Analysis
- Manage Close calendar and work closely with operations and logistics to ensure timeliness
- Prepare & review monthly reconciliations
- Prepare and report on various analytics and variance analysis
- Identify and remediate financial statement and posting errors
- Develop operational processes for AP/AR cycle to streamline processing
- Update and manage standard operating procedure documentation
- Prepare financial reporting under GAAP & perform flux analysis to identify completeness
- Directly lead A/P and A/R team
- Develop and improve key metrics for team
- Review and improve processes for efficiency and effectiveness process data accurately and completely
- Cross-train to cover other accounting functions to cover absences
- Develop training programs for junior accountants to continue to develop WX to be a premier employer of choice in the industry
- Interface with other department leaders to achieve organizational goals
Business Process and Procedure
- Develop strong understanding of business unit operations and activity to support financial reporting and review
- Liaise with business owners to develop and improve operations and reporting
- Proactively identify processes and systems to enhance efficiency, reporting, and analysis
- Ensure various controls and processes to safeguard company assets and develop new operational and financial reporting control
- Help integrate new business processes and brands as we continue to grow
Customer & Vendor Management
- Review new vendors and customers in accordance with company standards
- Manage customer credit as we continue to grow
- Maintain Vendor and customer database and explore opportunities on preferred buying, and streamlining of payment processing
Required Skills and Education Include:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar Finance and Accounting role, wine industry preferred, or mix of progressive public & private accounting experience
- Undergraduate degree (B.S. in Accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user
- Experience with major accounting systems, knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Navision is a plus
- Extremely organized with good time management skills
- Prior team management experience required
- Professional commitment to job and career
WX offers a competitive benefits package including PTO starting at 19 days per year plus employee pricing on our amazing products! We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes career growth by leaps and bounds while being part of a team-oriented environment that knows how to have fun!