Sr. Software Engineer
Broadcast Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Senior Software Engineer- Palo Alto/ Santa Monica
Wurl is a next-gen media company that is redefining TV programming and advertising. Wurl enables leading digital-first video producers to create and manage linear channels, live broadcasts and on-demand content for distribution to pay TV and OTT platforms around the world. Wurl is headquartered in Palo Alto, California and has a second location in Santa Monica.
Do you want to change the future of television?
Wurl, Inc is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Broadcast Platform team.
• Over 10 years of proven delivery experience with C/C++, NodeJS or Ruby on Rails, including ongoing support of existing code.
• Deep understanding and proven experience with HTTP video delivery and Dynamic Ad Insertion standards HLS, DASH, SCTE130, VAST, VPAID, VMAP, and OpenRTB
• Proven delivery experience with messaging systems across clusters of services
• You are familiar with some or all of the following open-source tools: FFMPEG, nginx
• Understanding of Video metadata formats and VOD (JSON, XML, MRSS)
• Understanding of basic workflow engines and state transitions
A Plus if you have:
• Basic web Development experience.
• Working knowledge of the TV and internet TV space
• An understanding of video delivery (HLS, MP4, RTMP, DASH, MRSS, MP-TS, RTMP)
• Design Wurl’s DAI and workflow architecture
• Develop advance technology demonstrations and interoperability with leading technology partners and open source tools
• Interface with the different Wurl subsystems in order to provide working code to respond and emit messages for both happy path and exceptional conditions
• Build cross-machine, DAI and HTTP based playout workflows