Software Engineer- Palo Alto
Broadcast Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Software Engineer- Palo Alto/ Santa Monica
Wurl is a next-gen media company that is redefining TV programming and advertising. Wurl enables leading digital-first video producers to create and manage linear channels, live broadcasts and on-demand content for distribution to pay TV and OTT platforms around the world. Wurl is headquartered in Palo Alto and has a second location in Santa Monica.
Do you want to change the future of television?
Wurl, Inc is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Broadcast Platform team.
• 2-3 years of proven delivery experience with Ruby on Rails, including ongoing support of existing code.
• Attention to detail. Field names, data lengths, schemas.
A Plus if you have:
• Basic web Development experience.
• You are familiar with some or all of the following open-source tools: FFMPEG, nginx
• Working knowledge of the TV and internet TV space
• You possess a working knowledge of common media formats, such as: HLS, DASH, H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, RTMP, MPEG-2 TS, Apple ProRes, mp4
• Code and implement parsers and integration pieces to map to the Wurl Content Hierarchy.
• Extend content ingestion methods, including package delivery, File delivery and direct uploads.
• Assist in the design of workflows for content handling and better methodologies for code reuse.
• Be primary point of contact for engineering teams in other organizations with regards to content import/export