Internal Application: Senior DevOps Engineer
Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
The world’s video viewing is migrating to the Internet … all of it. Wurl is making it happen. Our customers are the biggest media brands on the planet – including Legendary, Lionsgate, Jukin Media, BBC, NBC, Eleven Sports, Sony Animation. Every day, 24/7 our network delivers their live, linear and VOD programming to the world’s largest Internet-based video services - including Twitch, Roku, Sling, Samsung. Launched in October 2017, our company has quickly become the market leader in video delivery and monetization. We’re enabling distribution of the world’s best programming to the world’s biggest video services. We need your help.
About this position
We’re looking for an experienced Dev Ops Software Engineer who is passionate about the cloud native ecosystem and wants the freedom and responsibility to play a critical role in the growth, efficiency and stability of Wurl's services. There is a lot to build and we expect you to lead the design and implementation of your projects. This requires software design, coding and infrastructure skills.
The nature of this role is to wear many hats. If you can code up service api's with Lambda, create docker images for long running jobs, implement the infrastructure code, and setup the CI/CD pipeline to automate all into production, then this is the place for you.
- Drive the architecture and implementation of your assigned projects. No projects have the luxury of building for months in a silo. You will be expected to deliver a functional version 1, then version 2 and so on with iterative improvements with each release.
- Understands the open source and vendor ecosystem to inform build vs. buy decisions.
- Design systems that balance scale, efficiency, security and reliability.
- Design and implement new software as needed to accomplish the project’s goals.
- Participate in On Call rotations.
For this role, we value candidates who have:
- 5+ years of technology work experience in software development and cloud infrastructure.
- Demonstrated excellence working in the AWS Cloud Infrastructure domain area and the myriad of building blocks that AWS provides (IAM, Cloud Formation, ECS, S3, Lambda, etc).
- Track record of architecting and delivering infrastructure that provides scale, efficiency and reliability.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems and help identify root causes of problems
- Passion for Cloud Native systems.
- Solid programming experience with a modern programming language as well as the various glue technologies needed today such as shell scripting, Jenkins pipelines.
- Solid experience with concepts such as source code management, CI/CD pipelines, and Infrastructure as Code, cloud elasticity.
- Experience driving engineering quality, rigor, vision.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; partners well with other team members.