Part-Time Staff Accountant
Accounting | Getzville, NY | Part Time | From $22.00 to $26.00 per hour
Accounting| Getzville, NY | Part Time
About the Company
William S. Hein & Co., Inc. is a leading, family-run publishing company that has been serving the worldwide library community for 100 years. At its core function, the company distributes legal information to libraries via HeinOnline, a premier online research platform, while also publishing, reprinting, and providing micrographic materials.
Company Amenities and Benefits
Our recently remodeled, modern office is conveniently located creek-side in suburban Buffalo, minutes from the University at Buffalo Amherst Campus. Inside the Hein suite, enjoy a comfortable and relaxing workspace equipped with massage chairs, games and televisions, an onsite gym, and an in-house café. Outside, enjoy scenic views, go for a run after work, or take a leisurely walk on your lunch.
Your comprehensive benefits package would also include:
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- 401K/Profit Sharing Plan (typically 12-15%)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- In-house chef that prepares breakfast, lunch, and take-home dinners
- Continued Professional Development
- Relaxed dress code
About the Position
The Hein Company seeks a Staff Accountant to handle all aspects of accounts receivable and to support the Controller with various tasks relating to month/year-end close.
Core responsibilities of this position include:
- Processing customer payments (check, wire, or credit card), resolving any payment discrepancies, and managing any past due invoices.
- Updating our financial system with bank reference numbers for all deposits.
- Preparing the bank deposits and making bank runs.
- Completing monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assisting with the preparation and entering of manual journal entries.
- Assisting with the preparation of month/quarter/year-end reports.
- Oversees the processing and payment of sales tax for all states by our third-party processor.
- Completing and disseminating a weekly cash report.
- Acting as a backup for other accounting staff, as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and productive manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand complex information/systems
- Excellent time management with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate when appropriate.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Associates Degree in accounting or a related field, required; Bachelor's Degree, preferred
- 2+ years of experience working in accounting
Other Position Information
- Flexible part-time schedule, 20-25 hours per week
- Must be able to work between the hours of 8:00am and 5:30pm
$22.00 - $26.00 per hour, depending on experience