IST | Getzville, NY | Full Time
ABOUT THE COMPANY
William S. Hein & Co., Inc. is a family-run, legal publishing business that has been serving the law library community for more than 100 years. The company’s premier product is HeinOnline, an online legal research database. We are proud to have been recognized as one of Buffalo’s Top Workplaces. We are currently seeking a dedicated candidate for the position of Network/Systems Administrator.
Our recently remodeled, modern office is conveniently located creek-side in suburban Buffalo, minutes from the University at Buffalo Amherst Campus. We offer free parking along with an onsite gym and café for employees. We also offer a great work environment along with a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Competitive Salary and Performance Bonuses
- Paid Time Off and Parental Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Continued Professional Development
- 401K/Profit-Sharing Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Company-Paid Life & Long-term Disability Insurance
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE POSITION:
The successful applicant will perform a wide range of duties to facilitate the development of technical products and to ensure carrier class availability of all products and systems. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Linux Servers and Services: RedHat/CentOS v6, v7 and v8
- Networking: firewalls, switching, routing, traffic management, load balancing, network services
- Database, File, and Application Management: MySQL / Galera Cluster, database management, file system management, application management
- Corporate Email: Exchange server, SPAM filtering, email archival, secured relays
- Windows Servers and Services: server 2008-2019, active directory / user management, print services
- Company Data Management and Preservation: SAN and backups
- System Security & Threat Assessment: access rules, anti-virus, content filtering, ISP connection, vulnerability testing
- Technical Maintenance: assessment and suggestions on technologies utilized, documentations, policy and procedure creation
Education/Experience: This position requires a minimum of an Associate’s degree in Information Systems and at least four years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree and two years’ experience.
- Able to assist in establishing deadlines and adhering to them.
- Strong problem solving and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.