IST | Getzville, NY | Full Time
William S. Hein & Co., Inc. is a family-run, legal publishing business that has been serving the law library community for more than 100 years. The company’s premier product is HeinOnline, an online legal research database. We are proud to have been recognized as one of Buffalo’s Top Workplaces. We are currently seeking a dedicated candidate for the position of Full-Stack Developer.
Our recently remodeled, modern office is conveniently located creekside in suburban Buffalo, minutes from the University at Buffalo Amherst Campus. We offer free parking along with an onsite gym and café for employees. We also offer a great work environment along with a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Competitive Salary and Performance Bonuses
- Paid Time Off and Parental Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules & Remote Work
- Continued Professional Development
- 401K/Profit-Sharing Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Company-Paid Life & Long-term Disability Insurance
What We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate has not only a good understanding of the technologies used but is committed to learning and professional growth to always stay informed on the latest technologies. We need someone that will push us forward into the future and who is always up for finding creative and unique ways to use new technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer sciences or a related field and 4+ years of experience working in development
- Experience working in a waterfall environment
- A drive to research and look for new innovative solutions
- Ability to accurately assess and scope projects
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand complex information/systems
- Ability to quickly adapt to change
- Collaborative and able to come up with innovative solutions in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate in a positive and productive manner.
Working for our company, you will be exposed to a wide variety of technologies. For any technologies listed below that are not required, we are willing to train.
- Linux server development environments*
- Galera DB
- Open Source Technologies
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence
- GIT/ Electronic Repository Technology
- Lucene SOLR
- RUBY/Ruby on Rails
The Full-Stack Developer is an integral member of our seven-person IST Department. The work done by this position has the ability to greatly shape our main product, HeinOnline. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understanding and maintaining the operating environment for HeinOnline.
- Developing and maintaining HeinOnline which includes performing monthly content and development releases.
- Developing and maintaining all other internal company software systems.
- Testing of all products and systems to ensure compliance with design specifications.
- Assisting with technical integration of HeinOnline content.
- Conducting technical research and evaluation of new technologies to be used for continued enhancements in HeinOnline.
- Developing and maintaining databases, both internal and public-facing.
- Creates thorough technical documentation for all products and systems.
- Utilizes GIT or other Electronic Repository Technology for code distribution and version control.
- Completes a peer code reviews for production code releases
- Provides training and mentoring to junior development team members.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by management.
William S. Hein & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.