Facilities & Customer Service Specialist
Metro Self Storage Center | Buffalo, NY | Full Time
Looking to hire quickly, get your application in today!
About the Company
Conveniently located on Main Street, we’re honored to have served countless families, college students, and local businesses and organizations by providing secure storage units and car storage for nearly four decades. Locally owned by William S. Hein & Company since 1991, Buffalo is our home, and our customers are our friends.
Company Amenities and Benefits
Our facility is in the heart of Buffalo, near Delaware Park, Buffalo State College, and the Buffalo Museum of Science. Some of the perks of working at Metro include:
Your comprehensive benefits package would also include:
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- 401K/Profit Sharing Plan (typically 12-15%)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (up to 100% paid for)
- Company-Paid Life & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Parental Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Chef that prepares breakfast, lunch, and take-home dinners
About the Position
Metro Self-Storage seeks a Facilities & Customer Service Specialist that will assist the business in several different ways. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
The Facilities & Customer Service Specialist's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning and performing maintenance on the building and surrounding property.
- Cleaning and performing simple maintenance on building machinery to ensure it is in good working order.
- Washing cars and preparing them for storage/pick-up.
- Assisting with the installation of Jeep Tops.
- Providing customers with information on our products and services.
- Assisting with the selling of storage rooms and spaces which includes the drafting of rental and occupancy agreements.
- Performing clerical tasks such as answering phones, processing payments, receiving customers at the front desk, etc.
- Maintaining the sidewalks which includes debris and snow removal.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and productive manner.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Good time management with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to carry out tasks and determine a course of action based on routine situations.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds frequently, 50 pounds occasionally, and 75 pounds rarely.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time and to frequently climb ramps and stairs.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- Valid NYS Driver’s License, required
- Experience working in general maintenance and/or customer service, preferred
Other Position Information
Monday, & Wednesday-Saturday
9:00am to 5:30pm
$18.00+, depending on skills and experience