Digital Production Associate
HOL Production | Getzville, NY | Full Time
Digital Production Associate
About the Company
William S. Hein & Co., Inc. is a leading, family-run publishing company that has been serving the worldwide library community for 100 years. At its core function, the company distributes information to libraries via HeinOnline, a premier online research platform, while also publishing, reprinting, and providing micrographic materials.
Company Amenities and Benefits
Our recently remodeled, modern office is conveniently located creek-side in suburban Buffalo, minutes from the University at Buffalo Amherst Campus. Inside the Hein suite, enjoy a comfortable and relaxing workspace equipped with massage chairs, games and televisions, an onsite gym, and an in-house café. Outside, enjoy scenic views, go for a run after work, or take a leisurely walk on your lunch.
Your comprehensive benefits package would also include:
- Competitive Salary and Performance Bonus
- 401K/Profit Sharing Plan (typically 12-15%)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-Paid Life & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Parental Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- In-house chef that prepares breakfast, lunch and take-home dinners
- Continued Professional Development
About the Position
The Hein Company seeks a Digital Production Associate that will be cross trained in all aspects of taking a book or publication from its physical form into a searchable, digitized format that can then be added to our website, HeinOnline.org.
The Digital Production Associate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Checks in new books when they are received into our Titles Database.
- Communicates with outside parties on any issues with the books received or if books were not included in the shipment.
- Maintains records for all borrowed books.
- Sends loaned books back to their owners.
- Operates various scanners to digitize content.
- Completes quality checks which includes cleaning images and identifying any unclear images or missing pages. Performs rescans to ensure content meets appropriate quality standards.
- Applies page numbers to scanned/digitized content.
- Proofreads author names, book citation, and article titles.
- Types in division titles, articles, notes, authors, etc. and adds the proper citation format for books and journals.
- Performs a quality check of the images, page numbers, and data entered by other Associates.
- Any additional duties as requested by management
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys doing a variety of tasks throughout the day.
- Good interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and productive manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to carry out tasks and determine a course of action based on a variety of variable for each given situation.
- Excellent time management with a proven ability to meet goals/deadlines.
- Proficient working in a Windows environment and with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to type a minimum of 50 words per minute
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in an office setting
Other Position Information
Monday – Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm
$17.00 - $18.00 per hour, depending on experience
William S. Hein is an equal opportunity employer.