Data Entry / Quality Control - Entry Level
HOL Production | Getzville, NY | Full Time
William S. Hein & Co., Inc., with locations in Getzville and Buffalo, New York, has been serving the law library community for over 90 years. Hein is a highly respected publisher of original legal publications, a major reprinter of legal classics and out-of-print United States Government Printing Office documents, the world’s largest distributor of legal periodicals, and a provider of a multitude of services to the law library community. The Company is also a prominent electronic service provider – its product, HeinOnline, is one of the fastest-growing online research databases, featuring more than 150 million pages of research material.
We are currently seeking an energetic candidate for the position of Data Entry / Quality Control Operator.
- Position requires good organizational and analytical skills as well as the ability to type a minimum of 65 wpm.
- Data entry in various databases or working files
- Quality checking images that have recently been scanned
- Paginating digital files according to the image
- Proofread author names, book citation, article titles.
- Tag all breaks within a volume that may have been predetermined and are consistent with all other volumes for a particular title.
- Indexing – enter in division titles, articles, notes, authors, etc…
- Quality Check – act as a double check to the tagger/indexer
- Any and all duties requested by management
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: Basic office experience (filing, typing), Microsoft Office & customer service
Skills: Type 65 wpm, organized, need to analyze situations in order to decide how to handle, computer skills (data entry)
Physical and Mental Demands: Position requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Also requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, phone, calculator and other office equipment.
Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the organization at any given point in time. Must handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
This is a full-time (Mon.-Fri.) position at our Getzville, NY location.