Accounting | Getzville, NY | Part Time and Internship | From $20.00 to $21.00 per hour
Accounting | Getzville, NY
About the Company
William S. Hein & Co., Inc. is a leading, family-run publishing company that has been serving the worldwide library community for 100 years. At its core function, the company distributes legal information to libraries via HeinOnline, a premier online research platform, while also publishing, reprinting, and providing micrographic materials.
Company Amenities and Benefits
Our recently remodeled, modern office is conveniently located creek-side in suburban Buffalo, minutes from the University at Buffalo Amherst Campus. Inside the Hein suite, enjoy a comfortable and relaxing workspace equipped with massage chairs, games and televisions, an onsite gym, and an in-house café. Outside, enjoy scenic views, go for a run after work, or take a leisurely walk on your lunch.
Your comprehensive benefits package would also include:
Competitive Salary and Bonus
- 401K/Profit Sharing Plan (typically 12-15%)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (up to 100% paid for)
- Company-Paid Life & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Parental Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Summer schedule
- Ad-hoc Remote Work
- In-house chef that prepares breakfast, lunch, and take-home dinners
About the Position
The Hein Company seeks a Part-Time Accounting Intern to support the Controller by managing accounts receivable/payable and assisting with month/year-end close.
The Accounting Intern’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Completing all aspects of accounts receivable; including processing payments, completing the daily deposit, making collection calls, and processing billing adjustments.
- Reviewing and reconciling all purchase orders and verifying that POs have been completed accurately.
- Assisting with the monthly bank reconciliations.
- Processing journal entries.
- Assisting with the preparation of various accounting reports.
- Managing the ongoing application, collection, and processing of sales tax for each state.
- Processing all sales tax payments.
- Assisting with the preparation and mailing of all payments.
- Serving as one of the main reception backups.
- Any additional responsibilities as requested by Management.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and productive manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand complex information/systems
- Excellent time management with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate when appropriate.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Other Position Information
Part-time position working ~20 hours per week.
Position may lead to a full-time Accounting Administrator role, following completion of a Bachelor’s Degree
$20-$21 per hour, depending on experience